Thread: E36 LSD Small or medium case

E36 LSD Small or medium case

Looking for an e36 LSD small or medium case with shafts preferably if it's medium case
    Located in cork so the closer the better but willing to travel
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E36 LSD Small or medium case

Your car had an lsd at one stage as I was in it before with the original owner from here. Won't need bigger shaft for a medium diff. Also there's is a car being broken on dd in limerick with a small case lsd for sale. Wants 350 for it. Good price as they are rare here. I'm sure you know to test the diff in a car and if not ask for it to be verified eg open the diff up to be sure it's not just a welder. Happy shopping

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Your car had an lsd at one stage as I was in it before with the original owner from here. Won't need bigger shaft for a medium diff. Also there's is a car being broken on dd in limerick with a small case lsd for sale. Wants 350 for it. Good price as they are rare here. I'm sure you know to test the diff in a car and if not ask for it to be verified eg open the diff up to be sure it's not just a welder. Happy shopping
    Link: http://cars.donedeal.ie/carparts-for-sale/bmw-e36-breaking-lsd-coilovers-etc-/10177187?offset=32

Yeah that's being sold tomorrow unfortunetly won't be able to get to Limerick tomorrow due to work ... I know mine had an Lsd at some point but it's open anyway now she one wheels the whole time , I thought medium case diffs have bigger shafts and are a different bolt pattern to the small Shafts ?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie36
    Yeah that's being sold tomorrow unfortunetly won't be able to get to Limerick tomorrow due to work ... I know mine had an Lsd at some point but it's open anyway now she one wheels the whole time , I thought medium case diffs have bigger shafts and are a different bolt pattern to the small Shafts ?

Should fit. Here's a thread I put up here and on driver for some info for you.

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=1353

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78369

It's being sold is it? He had it up on DD the week of the rally of the lakes I think. Advert stated it had been just rebuilt.

Thanks I'll take a look yeah I rang him saying I could call Saturday to buy it but he said there is a fella coming Carlow to take the LSD so I just missed out .. Small case would have been perfect and all