Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get it off your chest.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Get it off your chest.

Need to get this out of me before I explode.

1) People who take pictures of meals they are eating, why? Why would anyone give a flying fuck about what your about to eat? I just got a snapchat of someone's dinner from a restaurant and in the background the person they were out with was also taking a picture of their dinner... Imagine how much fun those people are having on their night out.

2) Celebrity gossip. When did it become necessary for us to get hourly updates on what Kim fucking Kardashian is buying in Tesco, and 2FM shame on you for hiring someone especially to come and and read this nonsense talk about desperate to find a job for someone because of who they are.

3) Tabloid newspapers who sensationalize otherwise shite articles. "Volcano threatens Nuclear power station disaster" The fucking power station is 50km's away from a volcano that might erupt in the next 10 years why print that?

4) Denis O' Brien- I debated adding this to my rant as I know im opening a can of worms but here goes, Denis O Brien is man, a business man, a man who has perhaps taken advantage of political connections in the past to get an edge on the competition. This may be wrong but anyone who says they wouldn't use any connection they had (political or otherwise) to get ahead on a billion euro business is a liar. I'm not sympathetic to man, I'm completely indifferent towards him but im sick to my teeth of reading bullshit about him in the paper every day. Im sick of seeing his name every time I log onto facebook and im sick of seeing right2water propaganda nonsense everywhere. Im struggling to see how they have pinned him to Irish Water and I'm struggling to see why they hold him responsible for the whole mess? As far as I can see a company he part owns sub contracts to install meters in certain areas of the country. What about the owners of GMC? What about Farrans? Are they not all installing meters around Dublin? Thats before you get to the countless other small firms right around the country who subcontract the work? Why not the names of those company directors getting dragged through the mud?

5) Motor tax. There has never been a time as long as I could legally drive that I have not has a commercial or small van of some kind and up until now taxing them was a relatively straightforward procedure . Recently I went to tax a newly purchased van only to be told by Mayo Co.Co that my revenue issued tax clearance certificate which is universally accepted throughout the whole world was not an acceptable document to confirm that I am registered for VAT they also said they my insurance was not acceptable but were not able to explain exactly how they arrived at that conclusion. So after the best part of a day wasted driving around to different tax offices in Mayo I signed the van over to my Sligo address, went in this morning with the exact same documents and ten minutes later I was out again with a new tax disc. Mayo Co.Co is up to its eyeballs in debt but yet when you go in to hand over some money they build every obstacle in the world to try and piss you off imagine if that were a private sector company?

So thats pretty much everything thats pissed me off for the last 24hours, anyone have anything to add?

BMWHaus Contributor

Get it off your chest.

Your lucky it's only food you get snap-chats off . I'll leave it at that Ahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get it off your chest.

1 and 2 on that list really drive me nuts the solution for me anyway is I don't have snapchat, don't use Facebook or instagram either and I feel much better without them to be honest as the rubbish people post really isn't worth reading

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Get it off your chest.

There's a room 101 thread for this. Also agreed on all points except the Denis O brien part. Whether anyone would do it is not the point.

BMWHaus Contributor

Agree 100% with the first post. Im on the wicklow/wexford border, wicklow co. council are a bloody nightmare to deal with ( motor tax, planning permission, anything really) compared to wexford.

Only other thing i can add at the minute is f-ing one direction. Who the hell cares???!!! Not a day goes by that you don't hear some crap about them. Id swear they're a CIA project in order to sublimibly drive young ones crazy, in order to have a future batch of sleeper cell assassins that can infiltrate Iran if/when it becomes westernised.:dodgy:

Looking forward to tomorrows update from you though!!:happy:

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    There's a room 101 thread for this. Also agreed on all points except the Denis O brien part. Whether anyone would do it is not the point.

So what is the point? Im not looking for a debate on it Im just curious to know why is he so hated?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by michael320

So what is the point? Im not looking for a debate on it Im just curious to know why is he so hated?
    Me either I'm guessing due to his history he's been targeted as a certain type of scapegoat for the water issue. He has not helped himself with censorship and lawsuit threats. Basically he's seen to be the money man playing the pipe to the corrupt government.

BMWHaus Guru

The point is that we shouldn't tolerate corruption, but we do. The unfortunate reality is that the attitude prevails in this country where people accept that politicians and businessmen are above the law once their pockets are deep enough.

To be fair, its actual hard to educate yourself on O'Brien's wheeling and dealing given he owns the media and pretty much ensures silence by threatening to sue anyone who speaks out against him. The awarding of the Esat Digifone licence is a good starting point I guess.

BMWHaus Contributor

The Esat thing was a fairly big story at the time but I would have thought it had gone away at this stage. It just seems that the papers seem to have a feeding frenzy every time the man walks out his front door. As I said I have no strong feelings for or against but I do think that at some point you have to take it back to a human level, I mean discussing the mans banking affairs in the Dail is completely wrong. Maybe he did manage to work out some sweetheart deal with IBRC or NAMA but he wouldn't be first and wont be the last, and call me naive but I'd rather see those companies stay under Irish control then have some US vulture fund sweep in pick them up.

BMWHaus Guru

The Esat thing was a fairly big story at the time but I would have thought it had gone away at this stage. It just seems that the papers seem to have a feeding frenzy every time the man walks out his front door. As I said I have no strong feelings for or against but I do think that at some point you have to take it back to a human level, I mean discussing the mans banking affairs in the Dail is completely wrong. Maybe he did manage to work out some sweetheart deal with IBRC or NAMA but he wouldn't be first and wont be the last, and call me naive but I'd rather see those companies stay under Irish control then have some US vulture fund sweep in pick them up.
    the government encourage those american companies by giving individual deals on tax etc. Was there not a recent issue with what they agreed with apple? It's not a problem unique to Ireland. Those holding the purse strings hold the power. His banking would not be an issue with the dail if it were not for him using his bank accounts to influence them in the first place. It's jobs for the boys