Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E60 m5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E60 m5

Hello all

Probably not the best first post but not a very active poster on site normally just a guest

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E60 m5

What's your budget?

Any specific requirements?

These have go up in value recently, the boat to get a cheapish one may well have sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Remote
    What's your budget?

Any specific requirements?

These have go up in value recently, the boat to get a cheapish one may well have sailed.
    Don't have a budget a such I have limit on what I will spend for the right car

I've no problem buying genuine one for 15k needing Few issues sorted out but I will not pay top end for a car with these issues poorly done for example front end re painted after tone chips and paint ready to fall off in few months or orange peel and so on or clutch fitted by joe across the road with no invoices to back this up

On the same I'd give 20k for good spec back or onyx blue ,space grey are my first choice as for extras more the better heads up and active seats are a must.

Do you know of something?
    Have 2 lined up to view next week across the water

BMWHaus Contributor

No no, just think it's best to state a rough budget so people know where your coming from, some people will just dismiss looking if they have no budget to go with.

There was a nice looking Interlagos blue one on Donedeal for a few Weeks with low enough mileage. Looked very well in the pictures but I didn't see it in the flesh, seems to be gone from the site now.

Yes nice car indeed I was onto owner about it 4hrs after add first went up I would say more than 2 months ago,car wasn't for me little or no extras and won't colour combo Le Mans with white and wood trim interior if it's car I'm thinking of ?
    Already have e39 m5 in Le Mans so trying not to buy same in e60

BMWHaus Contributor

What they like to import in with VRT?? Do they work out similar or they more expensive?

The English cars in general seem to be better spec'd

Nice, a lot of love for the E39 around here

BMWHaus Contributor

20k wont get much in the UK when you factor in exchange rate and VRT.

Quote Originally Posted by michael320
    Are you so sure ? Do you think I haven't allowed for that?i have a choice of cars that I will have in and on Irish plates for In and around 20 k definitely less than 21k I've my figures done are cars sourced.

I'm on holidays this week back in Ireland Monday if nothing comes up for sale in Ireland by then I've no problem sending deposit to England and getting friend to view cars for over there.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Cbarry
    Are you so sure ? Do you think I haven't allowed for that?i have a choice of cars that I will have in and on Irish plates for In and around 20 k definitely less than 21k I've my figures done are cars sourced.

I'm on holidays this week back in Ireland Monday if nothing comes up for sale in Ireland by then I've no problem sending deposit to England and getting friend to view cars for over there.
    Well then the best advice I can give you is buy, buy buy, but know this. At ~£11.5k + VRT stone chps will be the least of your worries. First off your into high mileage early cars which presents two problems. 1) Eligibility for insured warranty 2) Price of BMW insured warranty (if even available). Now you could buy one without a warranty which I did and it might not cost you a penny which mine didn't but 1000 miles before I bought mine it had £6k worth of work done over a warning light on the dash. Mine was at 68k miles at time of purchase.

So maybe you have found the unicorn low mileage 2006 for £11.5k with warranty but ask yourself what is wrong with it? When you send your deposit and get your friend to check it out make sure he knows whats hes looking at/ looking for. Needs front brakes? 1000 euro, clutch slipping? Does he know what a clutch slipping in an SMG box feels like? 2000 euro. Heavy oil consumption? Bottomless pit. Noisy vanos? What does that sound like?

You can be as narky as you like in your replies but I'm telling you that your withdrawal from fairy land will be abrupt and expensive if you buy one of these with your eyes closed. The E60 M5 is a supercar with supercar bills and the with the exchange rate and other factors taken into account what your are looking at is a budget supercar. Budget supercar? LOL.

There are good examples changing hands in Ireland at the higher end of your budget at the moment, if it were me I'd wait and be ready to jump on one. The UK market is not the way to go at the moment.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Cbarry

Hi there welcome along

It's impossible at today's stg rate to bring a proper low mile M5 home for 21k

BMW warranty on a 06 with 50k miles costs circa €90pcm and it increases rapidly when the miles go up a E60 M5 with 100k miles could cost more than you paid for the car to keep it running

these cars should not be owned without BMW warranty even the best minded ones can leave you with huge bills!! There is a thread on here for Moes M5 It had a great deal of warranty work done over his ownership and it was meticulously maintained mechanically and in near perfect condition cosmetically.

FYI there should be a 2006 space grey 1 with 64klms coming online shortly (unless it's exported) a trade friend had bid on it a week or so ago but it was more than your 21k at trade
    good luck anyhow my man