Thread: Replacing DISA - where to buy

Replacing DISA - where to buy

So after seeing Owens thread about his oil consumption then seeing what happened with his DISA I went nosing about. Lo and behold the return mechanism is borked.
    My question is should I
    a) buy a whole new unit - if so where is best - internet searches have not been fruitful other than ebay merchants I have not bought from before
    or
    b) buy a repair kit
    or
    c) look for second hand unit

real world experience and results would be very helpful.

cheers
    Dave

RE: Replacing DISA - where to buy

I got my repair kit from the States, was here in about a week. I used German Auto Solutions. The kit was fantastic, they supplied grease, wipes, lockwire, and the parts were machined to a very high standard.

I know other companies have the same photos on their pages advertising their kits, but in the business I'm in a lot of third party companies use photos that don't represent their own products or quality. For the sake of an extra 20 euro or so I was happy I went with their kit.

Repair it btw - I'd mine out, repaired, and in again in about an hour.

Thanks Owen I'll go with that.

For information Mr. Duffy would have required 316 of my euros to part with his one.

The issue I have with the new one, is that it'll fail in the same way as the one you have. A repair ends up being an upgrade - enjoy the repair, it's hugely satisfying!