Thread: E92 iPod integration

E92 iPod integration

Lads, I've got CCC iDrive but also have the 6FL option (USB audtio interface support under the armrest next to the aux port for iPod integration).

S6FLA USB-/Audio-Schnittstelle USB/Audio interface

What else do I need for this, to enable me hook up and control my iPod through the iDrive interface / steering wheel / voice controls?

At present I'm simply using the USB port with a memory stick and some folders to help with track navigation.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E92 iPod integration

I think all you need is the Y cable.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=True%20Bmw%20Factory%20iPod%20iDrive %20Usb%20Aux%20Adapter%20Cable%20Cord&_itemId=2206 76698680
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Thank Mark, the more I read, the more it appears that this is the case. Only concern is what's inside the black box on the cable? I presume this has something to do with the iDrive integration for playlists/controlling remotely via iDrive/Steering wheel. Found a cable from China for less than a tenner, worth a punt I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Thank Mark, the more I read, the more it appears that this is the case. Only concern is what's inside the black box on the cable? I presume this has something to do with the iDrive integration for playlists/controlling remotely via iDrive/Steering wheel. Found a cable from China for less than a tenner, worth a punt I guess?
    I have a genuine BMW one you can have for €10:

IMG_0933.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Felix

Hi Felix, where are you based? I'd gladly take that off you, save me the bother of ordering and wait times. Thanks, I will PM you now.

Hi Felix, where are you based? I'd gladly take that off you, save me the bother of ordering and wait times. Thanks, I will PM you now.
    pm replied

pm replied
    Thanks again Felix, pleasure to meet you.

BMWHaus Guru
    Thread resurrection I know, but......

I have CCC with a snap-in phone cradle and an AUX port in my armrest, there is NO USB port there at the moment.

I found this on e-bay: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BMW-E81-E87-E...cAAOSwdvpWDqzM and I am wondering if it will work if I just plug it all in or is there coding/modules required?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Thread resurrection I know, but......

I have CCC with a snap-in phone cradle and an AUX port in my armrest, there is NO USB port there at the moment.

I found this on e-bay: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BMW-E81-E87-E...cAAOSwdvpWDqzM and I am wondering if it will work if I just plug it all in or is there coding/modules required?
    Won't work on its own, you need MULF 2 High Bluetooth module to get this to work. Will need coding, 355cm HSD wire, USB amplifier too.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS View Post
    Won't work on its own, you need MULF 2 High Bluetooth module to get this to work. Will need coding, 355cm HSD wire, USB amplifier too.
    Thanks for the reply Mick, I won't bother with it so!! Cheers.