Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: VW diesel scandal - what does it mean for us?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: VW diesel scandal - what does it mean for us?

The Jag XE has it too, noticed it while checking one out at a dealer a few weeks ago.

BMWHaus Guru

That Ad Blue, how much per mile does it use I wonder? How much does it cost? Another thing to go wrong or at least factor in when calculating the costs of diesel car running versus petrol.

Net Nitrate Net Urea! Anyone remember that from the ads on TV in the old days, especially around All Ireland Final. Completely OT but it was alway hilarious the ads for tractors, combines, etc.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

VW diesel scandal - what does it mean for us?

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    That Ad Blue, how much per mile does it use I wonder? How much does it cost? Another thing to go wrong or at least factor in when calculating the costs of diesel car running versus petrol.

Net Nitrate Net Urea! Anyone remember that from the ads on TV in the old days, especially around All Ireland Final. Completely OT but it was alway hilarious the ads for tractors, combines, etc.
    That's one step away from the 10-10-20 ads

BMWHaus Guru

It costs a pittance, its urea! Peeing in your tank would help

I think about 2 litres per 100km but that was me in an old truck with very early adblue technology.

It is for sure another thing to go wrong but if people want diesels to run clean then having additional systems to be repaired and maintained is the reality that has to be faced.

Sent via my Telegraph machine using morse code

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH

That's one step away from the 10-10-20 ads
    Along with ads about treating scour, brucellosis and sarcoptic mange mites.
    And they were always on when you were having your tea!

BMWHaus Guru

BMWHaus Guru