Thread: CHERRYWOOD CARS AND COFFEE NO MORE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Red face CHERRYWOOD CARS AND COFFEE NO MORE

Hi Folks,

Just received word now that unfortunately Cherrywood C&C shall no longer be going ahead due to new management not permitting it anymore. The organisers shall be posting a notification soon on :

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/forum.php

It's an awful shame that it has to end as it was a great way to spend a morning and afternoon once a month. Hopefully it shall be revived at some point. Please spread the word as apparently attendance by large groups this weekend will not be welcomed.

BMWHaus Guru

CHERRYWOOD CARS AND COFFEE NO MORE

Ah balls, My first C&C was the last one so.
    I hope a new venue is found.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: CHERRYWOOD CARS AND COFFEE NO MORE

So do I John, there shall be a lot of disappointed people this weekend I'm sure.

BMWHaus Guru

This link should work
    http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?17763-Cars-amp-Coffee-Cherrywood-THE-END-IS-NOW&p=329448#post329448

CHERRYWOOD CARS AND COFFEE NO MORE

I feel sorry for the staff in the Spar...

Sent via my Telegraph machine using morse code

BMWHaus Contributor

The spar shop will be raging!
    It was such a cool group that turned up, no acting the bollox or anything.

I'd say the site is ear marked for development?

BMWHaus Guru

Could a new venue not be found to host it? Surely there's a car enthusiast with access to an industrial estate that could press ahead with an alternative venue.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

I think the plan is to find an alternative venue, just that it won't be done by Sunday

BMWHaus Guru

A shame alright, Cherrywood was a perfect spot, easily accessed off the m'ifty and easy to get in and out of with the roundabout..so no traffic issues..also had the coffee part with the spar shop.

Going to be a challenge to find anywhere as good (and within 5 mins drive for me )

BMWHaus Contributor

Such a shame. I'd guess that the new owners of the Cherrywood site Hines have probably been told by their insurers that there is a liability to having so many people on their property unnecessarily. While it's nice to be nice there is no benefit to them so it make sense to stop it. That is the fight we will have anywhere that holds it. The only people who benefited from it were the shop owner, it would be worth checking with them if they have been contacted by the owners.

As for a new venue, the choices are fairly limited. I know a lot of modified cruises take place in the Parkwest Industrial park on the weekend but again not authorised and I dont think there is a suitable spot for everyone to park up.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport