Thread: Genuine vs. other brand sensors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Genuine vs. other brand sensors

Hi
    Looking for a little feedback on quality of sensors. I've read that non genuine (sensors such as Cam position sensor and crank sensors) are troublesome. How accurate is this? I'm looking at cam sensors on Micksgarage for anything from €61 to €150. A main dealer one is 160.
    Are the non BMW branded ones that bad - I mean they are only a magnetic switch - how bad could they be? Any real world experiences or recommendations - positive or negative?

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Genuine vs. other brand sensors

Febi cam sensors can be gotten from Otto think they're about 96euro each and come with the 'o' ring. As far as I know febi manufacture them for BMW anyway. I'm sure someone in the know will be along soon though!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

Genuine vs. other brand sensors

I also heard genuine sensors don't work but I took a shot bought a febi from micksgarage after they assured me if it didn't to just send it back

Worked perfectly that was 2 years ago cost a third of the genuine one

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: Genuine vs. other brand sensors

As you all know BMW dont make sensors,all you buy genuine from a dealer is A BOX and pay premium price for it.Most of the sensors on our cars are made by Bosch,Siemens-VDO.So if you buying sensor try choosing these to brands,they will be calibrated as BMW designed.These makes of sensors in most cases are more expensive then others but they work every time correctly.