Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to stop cats jumping on a car?

BMWHaus Guru

Arrow How to stop cats jumping on a car?

A cat has been jumping on to my car while its parked, and so far it's only left paw prints (thankfully) even though it's fucking annoying when you've just washed/waxed the car or paid to get it done and it's gleaming except for muddy furry paw prints! I don't want to wait till it scratches the car... Anybody else have a similar problem? Any ideas?

First world problems I know... But still a problem, and I don't think any car enthusiast would like scratches on their car through no fault of their own...!

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: How to stop cats jumping on a car?

Lol I have same problem. A friend of mine has had good results with a Super soaker and water mix with Jeys fluid. Cats hate it. Super soaker has great range. lol

BMWHaus Guru

i was told before to get some sort of car shampoo or spray you can spray on your car with a citrus sent

BMWHaus Guru

Lead !

Works a treat.

BMWHaus Guru

Super soaker would be great if I could ever catch the little shit red handed

Citrus shampoo sounds like a perfect solution if it works! will look into it.

At least it has the good taste to choose a well maintained car.

Administrator

I dont know how true this is, but if you get a water bottle, or clear bottle, half fill it with water and leave it sitting somewhere they will see it....say on the windsreen lying on the wipers. Something about them not liking with their reflection in the water....dont know if its works or not, but its a no cost, no harm, approach.

Also, Ive heard, if you know the path the cat walks, its usually the same path every day...and you can obstruct that path in some way, they dont like it, and change to a new path. For instance, the cat walks your back wall, and you to put a sheet of timber on the wall, that blocks them, they'll change their route....you might be able to direct them away from the car.

If they dont like citrus, it would be pretty easy to leave a few traces about the car or indeed their path too the car.
    Also, not sure how safe Jeyes Fluid would be for the paintwork.

BMWHaus Guru

Whatever you do, do not run at it or scare it into jumping off the car as the little fcukers' claws come out when they're startled and that will for sure scratch your paint! Gas powered pellet pistol, or airsoft rifle with good aim......

Get a dog.... Will also help keep assholes away at night

BMWHaus Guru

This is the most satisfying thing I've ever seen

http://youtu.be/uIbkLjjlMV8

Think I might just have enough free time on my hands to try it too