Quote Originally Posted by John_D
I don't know much about factory Bluetooth but that sounds like complete BS. Out of interest have you tried to pair an older phone with the BT?
I've only tried Iphone 4 and Iphone 5. I'll see if I can get one of the guys phones in work to pair later on today. Assumed Iphone would have worked as there are I pod manuals and phone manuals which give instruction for re-setting the Bluetooth but that hasnt worked

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
3 versions of Bluetooth exist 2.0 3.0 and 4.0 ,4.0 being the newest the module in your car is probably a gen 3 very early with Bluetooth 2.0 you can try downloading a Bluetooth app from the play store that will bridge between devices ideally if you pick up a gen 13 Bluetooth module this should work with the iPhone 5 have you tried any other phones ? And have you tried to connect the iPhone to any other Bluetooth source

Just rereading your post it looks like you might have a faulty module you could try getting germaniks to run a diagnostic on it and see what the issue is
Just the Iphones but will see about downloading a bluetooth app later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
on a slight side not, do not buy a dynavin.
Any reasons in particular other than the high price? I have no experience of them and have only read comments in various forums. Would you recommend any alternatives?

thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll try pairing a different phone and downloading the bluetooth app menitoned. After that its probably worth getting a diagnostic run