Thread: What's needed for Auto to Manual conversion.??

BMWHaus Contributor

What's needed for Auto to Manual conversion.??

Some already know about what's going on but here a quick run down, basically I'm doing a e36 drift car for the track, have the m44 out at the moment and an m50 is in the shed ready to go in, but a small problem is is that it's a automatic.!!

Soooooo...
    Who's able to tell me what I need and what I need to do to get this fully manual before I lump it into the engine bay.

I have the full engine, auto loom and ecu, have a manual box and clutch also.

Please keep the "just go get a complete manual" comments away lads iv heard them enough times already by now haha

Any help would be great tho or any links to where I can get info,
    Thanks

RE: What's needed for Auto to Manual conversion.??

I wouldn't say the auto harness wires interfere too much with the rest of the harness but comparing diagrams might be your best bet so you know what to strip away, the Bentley manual should contain both diagrams

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: What's needed for Auto to Manual conversion.??

You'll need a manual flywheel, And the front half of a six cylinder prop. As funky says, the wirng shouldnt be complicated. Download the auto and manual wiring diagrams and compare. Pretty certain its only a couple of wires. Endtuning in england do a performance chip for the m50 ecu, only 60 pounds or so.