Thread: Opinions on this e39 525d please

Opinions on this e39 525d please

HI alll,
    im looking to upgrade from my e39 530d to a newer model than the 2001 se thta im driving. The body is starting to show alot of signs of aging, despite being mechanically gameball. Ive come across this and it ticks alot of boxes for me...
    sull history, saving on tax, nct, manual and an msport...
    can anyone give me some feedback on wether its afair price and more imnportantly should i be warey of anything in particular befor enquiring about a viewing. Im in dublin so its a bit of a treck to galway to view, unless someone was willing to have a look at it for me...
    cheers

e39 525d

Administrator

RE: Opinions on this e39 525d please

Looks like a fairly clean one - though the mileage is getting up there!

My concern would be; will start also show the signs of aging, like your own has? Mine is a 03, though a UK car, and the offside rear arch has bubbling, though not where else on the car is showing signs. Im hoping to get that sorted next spring, but my fear is, as soon as I do, more will appear elsewhere.

@[Dave]'s brother is selling a 525d - and I could be wrong, but it had a good bit of bodywork done reasonably recently due to a keying incident; might be a better one to consider?
    Lower mileage, good service history, nicer interior IMO, better wheels, M5 mirrors, etc - http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=6648

BMWHaus Guru

What Curran said, If I was looking for another e39 I wouldnt go past thats one. It was minded like a baby and had allot of great extras fitted, Its strong money but worth it IMO. You could buy a cheaper one and end up having to dump money into fixing stuff that already done on Daves old one.

Does this car have a history on this forum? any inside info I shoud be aware of...

or am i chasing the impossible dream with an e39 that will last at this stage and i should just look at an e60? Im driving over 350miles a week at this stage.
    cheers

Administrator

Get in touch with Dave and his brother; they'll give you all the info you need to know. It's a forum car for several years now.

BMWHaus Guru

Opinions on this e39 525d please

That 3k isn't any of mine. Mine were all Wexford reg.

My brothers car is still for sale. It's more than twice the money but I spent 12k on that car.

Wheels and tyres on that car cost me 2k.