Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No. for HealyC?

BMWHaus Guru

No. for HealyC?

Anybody have a number for him? A friend needs a pre-purchase inspection in Dublin asap.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: No. for HealyC?

Pm sent.....

BMWHaus Guru

Sorted thanks

BMWHaus Guru

Thanks for the PMs, and huge thanks to @[HealyC] who fitted us in on very short notice to do a pre-purchase inspection on a 116i for a friend of mine.

Drove a few 1 series the last 2 days looking for the right one for him, and this was by far the best driving one, it's incredible just how different supposedly identical cars can be! Anyway, been driving it around a lot since he's not insured to drive it, and have to say I can't believe how lovely they are to drive! It's exactly how I thought it'd be like, it's obviously not gonna win any drag races but it genuinely feels like a go-kart, really tight on the road while also retaining comfort, with a nicely weighted perfect ratio steering, and I love the gearing! - it makes the absolute most of the engine and masks the fact that it's only a modest 115bhp 1.6, it pulls nicely through the gears, and consistenty continued to pull up to motorway speeds all in all a very quirky little car! Have to say I really wouldn't mind a nicely specced M-Spor 3 door one as a run around for a while! Although I haven't seen a single M-Sport in Ireland so far..

BMWHaus Guru

No. for HealyC?

I have the MIL's 116i while the m3 is getting resprayed and found myself really enjoying driving it today. With a real engine it's be a very tempting proposition

BMWHaus Guru

You should drive the 114d. Rented one in Spain 3 years ago, it was then I realised BMW had really and truly gone mainstream, building boring cars! On the bright beside the same car comes in a 130i and 135i guise.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    You should drive the 114d. Rented one in Spain 3 years ago, it was then I realised BMW had really and truly gone mainstream, building boring cars! On the bright beside the same car comes in a 130i and 135i guise.
    Yea it's a shame but then Mercedes has the A class and Audi the A1 so BMW isn't the worst anyway, are the new 1 series front wheel drive? I remember reading that 80% of 1 series owners had no idea their car was rear wheel drive... With stats like that you couldn't blame them for going front wheel drive on it.

BMWHaus Guru

No. for HealyC?

The novelty wears off though been driving the 318 the last few days and it's noticeably quicker than the 116 and feels a lot more planted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    The novelty wears off though been driving the 318 the last few days and it's noticeably quicker than the 116 and feels a lot more planted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How does the 318ci compared to a 318is? I had a brief spin of one but not really long enough to really get to know the car. Is it mad to consider one with the timing chain and oil issues etc?

No. for HealyC?

They've no oil issues that I'm aware of plenty of other issues though