Haha, those were just my conclusions after driving different ones, only one I haven't driven is the 2.2 .

Small stuff makes all the difference I do find the diff ratios make a pretty big difference though. It's a learning curve for me anyway, I've been chasing "the perfect car setup" for ages, learned a lot with the e36, and some more with the e92, but I think I'll always be chasing it with non-M models until I can finally buy and run the right M.

Since M cars don't have the long diff or steering ratio and generally you don't need to do anything to them but are $$$$$$$ BMW should save us the hassle of trying to improve standard models by making entry level 1/2/3/4 series petrols and diesels, ya know 316/318/320 i/d - then a sort of lightweight "Mini M" with absolutely no unnecessary equipment to save on cost and weight, say no more than 250 bhp, and an LSD (they could call them ///F for "Fun" ) - then the big engined autobahn mile munchers, then M3/M4 etc

It certainly wouldn't deter people who want the big power and kit from buying the "full M version"... And they could continue the horsepower war with Audi and Mercedes to their heart's content ....Why not?

M135/235i weren't exactly cheap compared to full fat Ms and M2 certainly won't be filling that gap either, just a thought...

Maybe I just have too much time on my hands these days