Thread: Heater core delete.?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Heater core delete.?

Just wondering if anyone here done a heater core delete.? Iv removed the heater core and I have blanked off the valve on the back by laser cutting out a sheet for it the valve is on head of the block at the rear just above the box. Just wondering what will I do with the heater hose coming out from the bak of the water pump that runs straight to the back of the engine.? I'm not 100% where this hose goes to either to could I blank it off wish I could explain it better but I can't . It's a drift car I forgot to mention in case yer wondering why I removed the heater core.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Heater core delete.?

Should be 2 pipes going into the bulk head for the interior rad? Just cut the ends off the 2 hoses and use a piece of copper pipe and 2 jubilee clips. Job done

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Sweet job man thanks I can only find the one pipe tho.? I have the valve blocked off now on the block, and there's only the one pipe left.? And the other pipe then going bak out to the rad that's the only other free pipe there.

BMWHaus Contributor

As long as the system is in a loop you should be ok. Thought there was 2 pipes though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

I think the 2nd pipe is where I too off the valve and put my plate on the engine block itself maybe. Sure I'll see when I have the tab up and run water through it. Think I have it all sorted anyways in a constant flow around. Thanks man

BMWHaus Contributor

Ive deleted the heater matrix out of the compact. I didnt blank any of the water outlets off the head though. Just joined the outlet at the back of the head with the pipe running into the back of the waterpump.

Dont mess too much with the flow of water on the m50/52's. Theyre finnicky at the best of times.

BMWHaus Guru

Heater core delete.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs
    Ive deleted the heater matrix out of the compact. I didnt blank any of the water outlets off the head though. Just joined the outlet at the back of the head with the pipe running into the back of the waterpump.

Dont mess too much with the flow of water on the m50/52's. Theyre finnicky at the best of times.
    Yep, loop the pipes, I wouldn't blank them