Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
S2000 is a good drive but at the end of the day it's jap and not a BMW. You are right there is a gap. Me personally it would be a well sorted E46 M3. Doesn't have to be a low mileage holy grail car, wouldn't bother me if it was over 100000mls either once it was well cared for.
I still haven't driven an S2000 but can imagine exactly what it'll be like, I think it might be the way to go if the right one popped up, it's funny though, as you say "it's not a BMW", I love all cars but there's just something about BMWs... I'd love an e46 M3 but I'm looking to downsize while still having a fun car, wouldn't mind a big engined car if the overall price of the car is cheaper. I think a 330ci manual with a 330ci auto diff and an exhaust could be an option too, but don't really fancy experimenting. Maybe @[JohnH] can put me out of my misery and sell me "Tony"

Edit: Ha, just saw your post John, yea 6k is nowhere near enough for an M3 nor your 318is for that matter I do think a 1 coupé m sport with a decent engine would be nice but is a properly impossible find, definitely nowhere near the budget either.