Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E92 Suspension advice - Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E92 Suspension advice.

The other two cars shown also have black (de-chromed...?) window surrounds. Where/how could I get that done? My kidney grill is already like that.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: E92 Suspension advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anto
    The other two cars shown also have black (de-chromed...?) window surrounds. Where/how could I get that done? My kidney grill is already like that.
    my one was black from factory ,but u can wrap or paint them

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

this is R18 but standard Msport suspension
    IMG_1115.JPG

,with some spacers could get very nice stance

Hi Anto. I had the same question a couple of months ago with my e46 msport coupe. I wasn't sure weather to go for coil overs or new springs. After a lot of research and a some feed back from the lads on the forum I decided to go with new springs and shocks all round. I put bilstein b4 all round with Eibach sport line springs and I also changed all the rubbers etc. I go a 30mm drop in the front and a 20mm drop in the back she's now sitting perfect. It all depends on how hard you want the car to ride. The suspension components I changed to are pretty much the same as the BMW msport setup but much lower ride height. I am really happy with the handling to be honest. She drives like she's on rails now. I was told that the prokit could be hard if I change to them so I went for the sport lines. Best compromise in my opinion of handling and ride comfort for Irish roads. It may also be worth considering that if you change the springs without changing the stock shocks that the shocks will inevitably have a shorter life span as the dampening is decreased by the lowering of the car. The bilstein shocks are actually quite reasonable price wise and do make a massive difference to the handling. I got my shocks from otto in Cork and I ordered the springs from Germany. Best of luck with it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

E92 Suspension advice.

uploadfromtaptalk1445239134727.jpguploadfromtaptalk1445239144979.jpg

The quality isn't great I'll take another couple later and post em for you.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

E92 Suspension advice.

Thanks to everyone for the input... I think a set of Bilsteins + Eibach springs sounds like a good way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Our site sponsor alloy wheels.ie would be able to supply and fit them for you they are based in blanchardstown
    I don't drive to Dublin often but will be up at the airport on Friday and will call in to see these folks.

E92 Suspension advice - Update

Thanks again to everyone who gave advice and suggestions. I've finally made a few "subtle" changes

To keep costs reasonable, I went with H&R Sport springs supplied and fitted by Discount Tyres in Blanchardstown (great service by the way) and kept the stock dampers (at least for now). Although I intended to only go to 18" alloys, I picked up a used set of 19" Ispiri ISR 10's with brand new Michelin Alpin winter tyres. Also got the nasty chrome window trim wrapped in gloss black.

So from this:

To this:

Slight improvement I think.....

Huge difference good move

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E92 Suspension advice - Update

Very nice, you NEED an aero lip for it

Google "e92 aero lip" will finish up the front end nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Very nice, you NEED an aero lip for it

Google "e92 aero lip" will finish up the front end nicely
    I will check that out.... Are you in Limerick City? If so, we are almost neighbours, I'm just the other side of Newport in Rear Cross...