Strange one.

My E39 is only used about once a week for Dublin to Galway/Clare runs and some times it would need a jump from a battery pack (maybe once every 2 months or so).

I took the battery in the last day to give it a good winter maintenance charge - left it for about 48hrs and the car started up no problem.

Drove to Clare on Friday night, used the car twice on Saturday and then woke up on Sunday and it just wouldn't start - All lights, radio working (nothing dimmed) but just clicking when you turn the key.

Went to jump it with a friends car and it started as soon as I connected his car without even his being on.

Took it for a spin for 30min and it started that evening again - woke up the next day and it started but went to the shop and same thing - clicking.

Took the battery in last night and the charger says it's 90% full so it looks like it's not the battery, but something stopping it from starting? - EWS? Earth wire? Fuse blown?

One thing that has happened recently is the oil level sensor isn't working - car was very low on oil and no light?

Battery is heavy duty Bosch about 3 years old.

Any ideas?

Car is 2002 520i Auto with 134k Miles.

S.