Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E39 7" touch screen headunit

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E39 7" touch screen headunit

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Happy to report still as good as the day i bought it fitting is plug and play very straightforward fixing brackets are a bit rubbish take a bit of fiddling to get it sitting perfect but it will take 30 minutes tops to fit
    Good to hear. Did you order from their website or a different source?
    E39 525iA Sport - Sapphire Black - SOLD
    E39 528iT SE - Orient Blue - SOLD
    E39 540i/A Sport - Topaz Blue

Re: RE: E39 7" touch screen headunit

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Happy to report still as good as the day i bought it fitting is plug and play very straightforward fixing brackets are a bit rubbish take a bit of fiddling to get it sitting perfect but it will take 30 minutes tops to fit
    Did you remove the radio cage without removing the lower dash, Gar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No dropped the lower half dave cant see how to get it out any other way without causing damage i had it out prior to the eonons arrival

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhole Norman
    Good to hear. Did you order from their website or a different source?
    From a seller called findingroad on ebay delivery took around 4 days its hit and miss wheter you get stung for fees or not it will be fedex who send you the bill about a month later

Eonon now have a premises in the uk but no d5124 in stock last time i checked

BMWHaus Guru

E39 7" touch screen headunit

No dropped the lower half dave cant see how to get it out any other way without causing damage i had it out prior to the eonons arrival
    Same here, couldn't find any other way of doing it. I reckon first time taking the dash out, fitting the eonan and refitting the dash is gonna be about an hour and a half.

Same here, couldn't find any other way of doing it. I reckon first time taking the dash out, fitting the eonan and refitting the dash is gonna be about an hour and a half.

Yeh your right i was literally just talking about popping the headunit in its literally just connect the harness line up the worst set of brackets iv ever come across and route the gps cable

One thing that seriously slowed me down years ago was the release mechanism failing on the iris one piece headunit took me hours to get that out flat head screwdrivers a hammer pliers and a lot swearing it finally came out a thief would have gave up long ago not worth it for a tape deck

@norman this is who i bought off but its gone up £70 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Finding-Road/BMW-/_i.html?_fsub=4385576011&_sid=1020038971&_trksid=p 4634.c0.m322

Id just order direct from eonon you will get the best price and its coming from the same place anyways i paid £239
    http://m.eonon.com/productshow.aspx?pno=D5124F

BMWHaus Contributor

@norman this is who i bought off but its gone up £70 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Finding-Road/BMW-/_i.html?_fsub=4385576011&_sid=1020038971&_trksid=p 4634.c0.m322

Id just order direct from eonon you will get the best price and its coming from the same place anyways i paid £239
    http://m.eonon.com/productshow.aspx?pno=D5124F
    Looks like I have my Christmas present to myself sorted :happy:
    E39 525iA Sport - Sapphire Black - SOLD
    E39 528iT SE - Orient Blue - SOLD
    E39 540i/A Sport - Topaz Blue