Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E39 7" touch screen headunit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E39 7" touch screen headunit

iv been waiting around 24 months for something like this to come out i wanted something that looked a 100% oem looks + lighting but that also kicked the e39 into the 21st century the in dash screen completes the e39 and iv wanted one since i bought it

so when this was released last last month i nearly had a heart attack within 5 days it was conpletely sold out so iv been sitting around queitly for a full month waiting on new stock finally this week stock came back in but once again stock was gone in days i got my order in though and it will be here in a week

it matchs the oem 100% with the exception it has a bigger screen dvd slot and two sd slots the buttons dials lighting are a perfect match

it has no android but i didnt want an android unit i wanted something that looked original obviously ,has bluetooth ,ipod,aux,usb, dvd and sat nav this has it all and more after been in touch with members of bmw5.co.uk who purchased it and getting feedback i jumped on it so here it is

its half the price of a dynavin and its called the eonon d5124fe it comes with a 1 or 2 yr warrenty depending were you buy to dvbt its 80e that includes a box to record tv programs

to say im excited about getting my hands on it would be an understatement iv waited a long time for one il be the guinea pig on this one and put up a full review once fitted
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=07756122898

Mine was 300e delivered that included maps for the whole of europe

2nd pic for comparison

Re: E39 7" touch screen headunit

So as of today Iv had mine now around 2 months and so far its been flawless

The touchscreen is very responsive as are all the buttons and knobs

The amber lighting is a perfect colour match and the screen auto dims when the headlights are turned on

My phone auto connects when I enter the car it streams music perfect phone call quality through the bluetooth is very good even without an external mic

Steering wheel controls work perfect for the phone and headunit control

Ipod, usb and aux work perfect cds are a tad slow to load

Gps is excellent very fast and responsive never lags and gives good directions also contains a vast amount of info including set speed trap locations

Soundwise a small improvement but nothing to write home about

The radio works perfect and picks up a heap of stations

User interface layout of screens is very neat and tidy no big bold chinease bright colours you would normally see

Digital tv and reverse camera can be added very cheaply cameras about 20e tvs about 80e

Overall id rate it as excellent value for money and I hope it lasts for a long time as it really does look excellent in the dash
    Attached Images Attached Images

One gone up on donedeal for sale 200e bargain if it all checks out

Approach with caution though could be a dodgy one make sure you test everything before you buy

RE: E39 7" touch screen headunit

Any Pics of it installed Gar. I'd love to have a look at it.

Re: RE: E39 7" touch screen headunit

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin
    Any Pics of it installed Gar. I'd love to have a look at it.
    Plenty here alan its the original thread I posted on it ,I can meet up some evening if you want a look at it in person

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46545

BMWHaus Contributor

Well Gar now that some time has past by. How is this unit going for you. Looks very tasty compared to an old single din unit. As soon I as get a few mechanical jobs looked after a new wireless will be top of my list.

Still working 110% I love it

Had an issue with it not reading a dvd once thats pretty much ity radio reception is so much better too it used to get bad when I turned on the angel eyes or rear window demister but not an issue now
    [hr]
    Still working 110% I love it

Had an issue with it not reading a dvd once thats pretty much it radio reception is so much better too it used to get bad when I turned on the angel eyes or rear window demister but not an issue now

BMWHaus Contributor

Many thanks Gar.

Keep getting pms about this so hopefully this answers them I tried night shots but they come out crap on my phone ,also learned from sbv that movies can be watched on the sd cards

Gar. Mine won't save the time on the clock.
    Did your unit ever have this problem ?