Thread: Online Purchase (Consumer Rights HELP)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Online Purchase (Consumer Rights HELP)

Okay, Bit of an awkward one.

Is their anyone one here that's familiar with Consumer Rights for online purchases?

-Basically purchased 2 rear Air Suspension Units in Late September (Cost just under €1k!)
    -Fitted by main dealer.
    -Car wasn't 100%
    -Returned to dealer, Who had an independent suspension test done (Both shocks weak with a 7% Imbalance!)
    -There is also a very loud knocking coming from the rear suspension.

Contacted company, They will send out a new pair ONLY on receipt of old pair.... Leaving the car immobile and on a lift for a week or 2. (Who pays for this?)

Is their anyway I can simply return the shocks (As they're shite) and get my money back with them paying original garage labour? (Basically leaving me in the exact position I was before I bought them)

I paid with PayPal, So maybe worth starting a dispute? (But could they also claim for labour costs on my behalf or only original cost?)

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Online Purchase (Consumer Rights HELP)

PayPal is 30 days so you'd want to get moving.

Find out where they live and arrive on with a blunt object? :tounge:

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Online Purchase (Consumer Rights HELP)

Have a look at this
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/buying-online

I'm no expert but I'd assume you can just get a refund of the purchase price easily. If you want a refund of labour costs then I assume it would probably require a solicitor to get involved as they would argue they have no control over whether you fitted them yourself or in a main dealer.

Good luck getting it sorted though