Thread: Few e60 525d related questions... dpf/mapping/swirlflaps

BMWHaus Contributor

Few e60 525d related questions... dpf/mapping/swirlflaps

Hey guys! So ive decided to map my auto 2005 525d, it just doesnt have enough pep in its step for me! So i called mapper this eve, and he said im better off removing dpf before mapping it, now theres no dpf faults in ecu, so i wasnt going to, but he said itll make a good difference and help with mpg, so will i gut it yes? No? Any opinion appreciated! Also is the dpf the box right after turbo? With the two sensors? Or is it the one further back the exhaust, im confused as to which is dpf and which is cat.

Now next question is im changing the glowplug relay at the weekend, and i have a set of inlet manifold blanks here for swirl flaps, should i fit them? I dont want to loose too much low down torque, but again guy mapping it said blank them first and can adjust the loss in torque with map, any opinions appreciated!!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: Few e60 525d related questions... dpf/mapping/swirlflaps

DPF under car , in the middle of exhaust with 8 bolts and one sensor
    without DPF and with remap 2.5 will be in completely different stage
    if DPF is really good , keep it for future if u really think to hold that car for over year or more,which i dont think will happen :hehe!:
    but u will need to fit in some custom pipe or another DPF case without internals to keep exhaust in original look

do diagnostics for glow plugs , if it says that any of them gone , take out manifold and check all of them with multimeter . if even one or two are gone ,replace all of them . if diagnostics says that few gone but all ok ,replace relay as its faulty for showing faulty plugs even they are ok
    fit 12 new inlet manifold gaskets , remove swirl flaps as early or later they do fail and oil leak threw them as well . and U will forget about these problems forever

If U gonna do remap anyway ,u will get that torque back even without flaps

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks man great info, i have faulf for all 6 glowplugs and control relay so ill check resistances in them as you said and go from there, so the cat up near turbo will i leave this alone? Or cut open and gut? Thanks for the reply!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

leave CAT , otherwise be very smelly exhaust fumes and bit smokey different colors

BMWHaus Contributor

Perfect man thanks very much!!