Thread: SOLD - E39 520i Imola Red

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SOLD - E39 520i Imola Red

FOR SALE: E39 520i

NCT: 08/2016

TAX: 11/2015

MILEAGE: 120,000 miles

DESCRIPTION: This is actually my wives/family car and we have it nearly 3 years. There was around 80k miles on it when we bought it. It is more or less standard apart from the chrome kidney grill (on it when we got it) German plates and LED interior and number plate lights. As far as I know the car was originally Scottish. There is no service history with the car but apart from the usual servicing, I have carried out the following work:

• New headlight adjusters (common problem and very fiddly to do).
    • Clutch pedal removed and professionally welded (another common problem)
    • New heater resistor (hedgehog)
    • Wired for an MID (never got around to installing one)
    • Neatly installed dashcam
    • All interior and number plate light changed to LED’s
    • FOUR new tires 600 miles go
    • New alternator brushes
    • New oil pump seal
    • New rocker cover gasket

I won’t bore you with a long list of extras in German but I can tell you the car has the following:

• MFSW
    • 4 x Electric windows and Electric mirrors
    • Aircon and electric climate control
    • Usual M Sport extra’s, bumpers, steering wheel, etc
    • Sliding Armrest
    • Alcantara interior
    • Manual Gearbox
    • Staggered M Sport alloys
    • Angel eye headlights

Bad points: The traction control light came on after a stone got stuck between the brake disc and the cover plate and has been on since (about 2 years ago). I got it plugged in and the error said it was the pre charge pump, however I changed this and the ABS pump and the light is still on, although it never really bothered me as it passed two NCT’s with the light on.

There’s a small bit of rust around the keyhole on the boot lock.

There’s a crack on the front bumper and the paint is starting to peel around it (can be seen in pics)

There is an oil leak from the rocker cover gasket, although it has a new gasket I think it wasn’t sealed properly when it was put on.

There’s a bush gone on the front passenger side suspension (wobble in steering wheel under braking) I have the arm just didn’t get a chance to put it in yet.

I’m not saying they’re rare but it’s not easy to find a low(ish) mileage, manual e39 M sport now, especially not in this colour. It also passed the NCT first time just over 600 miles ago.

The car is not spotless and there are a few small problems listed above but I think the price reflects this.

PRICE: €1,850 No P/X as we have purchased a new car

PICTURES:

Last edited by Curran; 25-01-16 at 10:12. Reason: Sold