Hi all,

That time of year is approaching when we get one day with a dusting of snow :tounge:

Thought I'd throw up a thread when you can post your tips, ask for advice for winter driving techniques.

This will be my first winter in the e92, and first winter with an auto, so I've been reading up on it. The e36 was a blast last year, I had a perceived added advantage with the LSD and seem to make a lot more headway that the E90's in citywest when we got some snow.

First thing I've learned is in ice and snow, turning on DTC can be beneficial. I have to admit I didn't know the difference between DSC and DTC until now :hehe!:

Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) is a sub-function of the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system that can be turned on and off. DTC has two major roles: to regulate traction and to enable sports-style driving while providing active stability control.
When the drive wheels start losing traction the DSC automatically begins stabilisation measures. The Dynamic Stability Control system curbs the engine output and stops slip on the wheels. In exceptional situations, however, a small amount of wheel slip can be an advantage.

Any other tips?