Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E36 CD43 Facia Replacement

BMWHaus Guru

E36 CD43 Facia Replacement

I was looking on eBay earlier and spotted this ad for a CD43 headunit

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252162082995

The description to the ad says it originally was a Rover headunit "that now is transformed with 100% and NEW Original bmw business cd front including new end caps on the left and right."

I wasn't aware that it was possible to buy replace my front plates for cd43 headunits. They don't seem to be listed as separate parts on bmwfans.

Has anyone heard this before or know where the replacement fronts are available?

RE: E36 CD43 Facia Replacement

Have never seen replacement front panels and iv looked at the unit in debth on all the parts catalogues the end caps yep but not the front unless it's an aftermarket crowd making them be far easier to just remove the rover badge from the headunit , mg had them as well but they have a nasty green backlighting

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Have never seen replacement front panels and iv looked at the unit in debth on all the parts catalogues the end caps yep but not the front unless it's an aftermarket crowd making them be far easier to just remove the rover badge from the headunit , mg had them as well but they have a nasty green backlighting
    Some Rovers had an amber background, same as the bmw ones but are about 20% of the price for the sake of a different badge. If it was possible to buy a replacement front I'd be very tempted to put one in the e30.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    Some Rovers had an amber background, same as the bmw ones but are about 20% of the price for the sake of a different badge. If it was possible to buy a replacement front I'd be very tempted to put one in the e30.
    All rover were Amber I had the bmw business CD43 but I wouldn't pay the price tag they seek on eBay now the rover 25 unit with a gentle sanding and some paint thinners would fit the bill much better

I just had a look now memory needed a refresh mini and mg were yellow land rover were green and finally bmw and rover we're Amber

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    All rover were Amber I had the bmw business CD43 but I wouldn't pay the price tag they seek on eBay now the rover 25 unit with a gentle sanding and some paint thinners would fit the bill much better

I just had a look now memory needed a refresh mini and mg were yellow land rover were green and finally bmw and rover we're Amber
    No, they've gone mad. I bought one for the e36 but got it at a good price as the seller put up a brutal ad. I wouldn't pay the current asking prices for one now

Ah sorry was reading it wrong John presumed you were looking for the headunit

BMWHaus Guru

Ah sorry was reading it wrong John presumed you were looking for the headunit
    If I could get one at a good price I'd be tempted to put it in the e30.

BMWHaus Guru

I think this needs further investigation, Bosch part number: 7640273043

https://boschelectronicservice.eu/uk/products-services/car-radios/bmw-cd43-front-panel_7640273043

http://www.manualuniverse.com/manager/products/manual.asp?codigo=182127&shwBt=0&xpageG=31&xmdelG= 7640273043&xmrcG=27

Part number for the screw covers: 65126907824

This guy would surely be able to track down the facia:

http://m.donberg.ie/warehs/groupbb.htm
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

E46 Cd-43, Got a bit excited
    https://boschelectronicservice.eu/uk/products-services/car-radios/bmw

Remanufactured, as new from Bosch! €139
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

That's a great price for a 53