Thread: Diagnostics: Mobile App! Carly for BMW

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Diagnostics: Mobile App! Carly for BMW

Diagnostics are a must for any DIYer these days in order to avoid spending money needlessly replacing parts or guessing wrong.
    There are lots of alternative solutions like INPA, DIS or ISID. These are all really great for diagnostics but sometimes you just need something much more convenient and easy to use.

There are generic code readers available but the Carly for BMW app & WiFi dongle is BMW specific and goes in to way more detail and allows you to complete service resets, coding and more besides.

There is also a VAG, Mercedes & Porsche version.

Link:

http://www.ivini-tech.de/en

Discount code:
    6D8L4Q

Use the discount code for both the App and the dongle purchase.

This app started out being call BMWhat and I bought it a while back as a back up diagnostic solution to my back up diagnostics solution! I find now that I usually just plug this in first as its good enough in most cases!
    It covers every module in the BMW and now they gave recently announced coverage back as far as the e36! (When using their Gen 2 wifi dongle).
    There is both an Apple and Android version of the app. While it's not a cheap app and the dongle is also a few quid it probably still comes in cheaper than some genetic code readers that have limited functionality.
    Below are some screen shots showing some of the views in the app.

As you can see from above there are new features added to the App including Battery Registration, Service item reset and DPF regeneration.

There is also some (limited) coding functionality depending on the model of car that you're plugged in to. They are adding functionality all the time and the F Series of cars is also covered.

The interesting news is that the people at Carly (for BMW and soon Merc plus VW!) have contacted me to me an evangelist and trainer for the app in return for access to Beta versions of their products and the means to provide input to the next versions!

So what's in it for you guys?

Well, I have been given a discount code that gives €5 off the price of the WiFi dongle. Simply enter the code below in to the website at checkout when buying the dongle.

http://www.ivini-tech.de/en

Discount code:
    6D8L4Q

I'll add to this as I discover more!

EDIT: Since I originally posted this thread the application has undergone a complete overhaul so I decided to update the screenshots.
    Last edited by rebel.ranter; 21-10-17 at 21:18.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S