Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Diagnostics: Mobile App! Carly for BMW

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Diagnostics: Mobile App! Carly for BMW

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmister
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    It will cover all modules on the e36 now they the new module is available. You will need the OBD to 20 pin adapter cable.
    I'm not 100% on the coding capabilities but it is limited for the e36 in any case. Even with NCS Expert.
    yeah id love to know can you code anything on a e36? wonder where id find out.
    Here you go! A link to what's possible from a coding perspective with the MyCarly app, just select e36 here:

http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge-base/code-bmw-what-is-possible/
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Diagnostics: Mobile App! Carly for BMW

Here's some screen shots of the coding interface witching the App. Note that in most cases you will need the Gen 2 dongle to do the coding.

It creates a back up of your existing settings in case you want or need to revert back.

Some examples of the options for coding within the Light Control Module:

There are many more but I just wanted to give a flavour of it.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru
    Hi Mark, for Android I need this right? http://www.ivini-tech.de/en/adapter/...er-bmw/a-1017/

Appears out of stock? Will the above discount code work with it?

BMWHaus Guru
    Hi Eddie, yep that's the best one for coding F Series and diagnosing K CAN cars (pre 03/2007) as well as D-CAN cars (after 03/2007). I'd hold out for it to be back in stock. Yes the discount code will work.

If you only plan to use it to do diagnostics and not coding on cars after 03/2007 then you can also use the Gen 1 adapter, it's more limited than the Gen 2 one you linked to:

http://www.ivini-tech.de/en/adapter/...dapter/a-1002/

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    Hi Eddie, yep that's the best one for coding F Series and diagnosing K CAN cars (pre 03/2007) as well as D-CAN cars (after 03/2007). I'd hold out for it to be back in stock. Yes the discount code will work.

If you only plan to use it to do diagnostics and not coding on cars after 03/2007 then you can also use the Gen 1 adapter, it's more limited than the Gen 2 one you linked to:

http://www.ivini-tech.de/en/adapter/...dapter/a-1002/
    Thanks Mark, will hold out, do you know if they typically do be out of stock for long?

Since I upgraded to windows 10 or installed e-sys on the laptop cannot get dis to work, unless cable is all of a sudden faulty. Not had time to investigate so want to use this a quick workaround.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74 View Post
    Thanks Mark, will hold out, do you know if they typically do be out of stock for long?

Since I upgraded to windows 10 or installed e-sys on the laptop cannot get dis to work, unless cable is all of a sudden faulty. Not had time to investigate so want to use this a quick workaround.
    That sounds like an Ediabas version issue. E-Sys needs a newer version than works with DIS.

Tried Carly today on e39. I used Samsung Galaxy tab with inpa d+k-can cable and micro usb to usb a adapter.

I had crack in the intake boot and car was running lean. I scanned for codes before replacing the boot. Cleared codes after fitting new boot and scanned again after short drive.
    All worked great.

There is also a digital garage function. This allows you keep history about all the scans you have performed and add notes to each scan. It is web based and accessible from any device.
    When you enable digital garage, all scan results are automatically saved to it when you perform a scan.

There is possibility to code some functions in lcm and gm5.

I need to test it with e36 one day.

BMWHaus Guru
    Android adapter back in stock so ordered today.

http://www.ivini-tech.de/en/adapter/android-bmw/

I had registered to be notified when back in stock but that never happened...so lucky I was periodically checking the site.

This looks great, seen you can code the US style city lights on an E46? Is this correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmaloney88 View Post
    This looks great, seen you can code the US style city lights on an E46? Is this correct?
    Yes but only on facelift models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk