Thread: Rear Lights gone on E60

Rear Lights gone on E60

All My rear lights are gone, i havn't checked but I am guessing it cant be fuses gone, any suggestions appreciated.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Rear Lights gone on E60

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyg
    All My rear lights are gone, i havn't checked but I am guessing it cant be fuses gone, any suggestions appreciated.
    No fuses on bulbs...

LCI e60? Most likely the cluster behind the headlights is burned around the ground connection. Common issue on those.

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    No fuses on bulbs...

LCI e60? Most likely the cluster behind the headlights is burned around the ground connection. Common issue on those.
    Thanks for the info, would you know is it an easy self fix or have to bring into the garage ??

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    No fuses on bulbs...

Thanks for the info, would you know is it an easy self fix or have to bring into the garage ??
    Yes call your local dealer, well known issue, they will give you new clusters. If you take them out and remove the plug, you should see a burned out wire (Brown) and pin inside the cluster. It is actually a repair kit from them, new cluster and new crimp as far as I know. You will need a crimp tool.
    And a beer in the fridge before hand to congratulate yourself for a job well done afterwards hopefully :wink: