As promised, a small review of what I have been driving for the past week.

The Fiat 500 has been around since 2007 and has always attracted my curiosity, unlike other retro designed cars like the Mini and Beetle, the 500 appears to have retained the ideals of the original. It is still a small, economical car - not an over bloated design exercise.

Fiat have always been well known for their small cars such as the 500 (year 1957), 126, Panda, Cinquecento, Seicento... etc.

This is a rental car and I used it business purposes on Motorways and fast roads, not the 500's natural environment to be fair. However, it coped well and can comfortably cruise at above the legal limit if required.

Miles driven: 272
Average MPG: 43.2
Type of driving: Motorways and fast A roads
Likes: Economy, engine auto Start/Stop feature, exterior design, interior design, good in-car entertainment system, a "wheel at each corner" handling, light controls, big door mirrors, partial glass roof
Dislikes: Slightly harsh ride (not surprising considering the short wheel base), seating could be more supportive, legs cramped / arms out driving position (classic Fiat small car feature in my book).

I'm a fan of Fiat ever since I owned a 1988 Fiat Panda 1000S, so I'm biased... but this little car got under my skin for the short time I had it and I was sorry to return it. Any short comings of the car (and there weren't that many really) could be forgiven as it has such character.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_500_(2207)

The car: