Thread: 108 Refurb

108 Refurb

Hi Folks,
    I have a set of 108's on the Z which Im thinking of getting refurbed. As they are split rims and the spoke sections are actually in perfect nick would it be possible to get just the rim section refurbed? Would anyone be able to estimate a cost for this? There is no kerbing on them its just a bit of lacquer peel.

Administrator

RE: 108 Refurb

Probably 325-350 given the work involved splittng them

Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    Probably 325-350 given the work involved splittng them
    Thats actually not too bad, was expecting a tad more! Not something Id be brave enough to tackle myself. I reckon there would be serious work in splitting and reassembling them!

I guess somewhere like wheelwizards would be a good place to bring them? I have heard great reviews. Is there anyone closer to/in Cork by any chance?

BMWHaus Guru

Not in Cork, but closer to you. Wheeldoctor is just outside Tipperary town and did some very good quality work on a few sets for me this year. Don't have the number to hand but Google is your friend.

I'd say closer to 500 minimum , personally I'd split them myself and polish them sending the centres in for a powder coat

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    I'd say closer to 500 minimum , personally I'd split them myself and polish them sending the centres in for a powder coat
    Would it be a big job to split them? I'm just imagining myself shearing one of the bolts or something and being screwed :O With 80 bolts to remove Im bound to make a balls of one of them knowing my luck!

The centers are actually perfect on them, its just lacquer peeling on the rim that I would be getting looked at. I will call the people in Tipp mentioned about for an estimate. Thanks!

Has anyone here used sodablast in Cork? Wold be nice to find someone here as I dont have another set of wheels to keep the car on the road while they are being done!

Should answer all questions http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24597#/forumsite/21199/topics/24597?page=1

Administrator

Could get whoever to split them for you, refurb them, and put them back together yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Should answer all questions http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24597#/forumsite/21199/topics/24597?page=1
    Oh wow, good find! Cheers man! Doesn't look as daunting reading that!