Thread: Could this be the new 1/2 series?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Could this be the new 1/2 series?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Could this be the new 1/2 series?

Following BMW's current naming convention it will either be a 1 series saloon or a 2 series grand coupe.

Personally I am unsure of the styling. The proportions look wrong to me. The bonnet and rear quarter look to be condensed/shorted so that they were able to fit in the larger cock pit area of the saloon form allowing for b-pillar and rear doors.

Would be interesting to know the sucesss and build numbers of all these new models compared to the traditional stable....

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB

Personally I am unsure of the styling. The proportions look wrong to me.
    I don't think it's sitting right either. The wheels are too big and out of proportion upsetting the balance. Being a FWD as well, the front wheels are generally a bit further back leaving a much longer overhang as well. If the wheels were 18" or maybe 19" (rather than what looks like 20" in the pics), I think it might have looked a bit better.

Being a concept as well, not doubt it'll change somewhat if that is what is heading as a replacement for the 2er.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by IrishEyes

I don't think it's sitting right either. The wheels are too big and out of proportion upsetting the balance. Being a FWD as well, the front wheels are generally a bit further back leaving a much longer overhang as well. If the wheels were 18" or maybe 19" (rather than what looks like 20" in the pics), I think it might have looked a bit better.

Being a concept as well, not doubt it'll change somewhat if that is what is heading as a replacement for the 2er.

I thought only the poxy active tourer space wagon was FWD? Are they planning more?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron

I thought only the poxy active tourer space wagon was FWD? Are they planning more?
    There is a FWD option for the new X1 afaik...

BMWHaus Guru

There's a touch of the Alfa 159 about it from just behind the front wheels all the way back getting more alike the further back you go.

Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

I really like it, looks like it'll be a 2 series gran coupé for sure, direct competition for he gorgeous A3 saloon (the nicest looking Audi in the range imo) have to say I'm loving these little saloons

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    I really like it, looks like it'll be a 2 series gran coupé for sure, direct competition for he gorgeous A3 saloon (the nicest looking Audi in the range imo) have to say I'm loving these little saloons
    A saloon is indeed a thing after beauty. Until you look into the interior :crying:

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by camnhoj

A saloon is indeed a thing after beauty. Until you look into the interior :crying:
    Well it is a concept after all.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by camnhoj

Well it is a concept after all.
    I was referring to the audi A3 saloon :wink: