Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E92 suspension

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E92 suspension

Hi all

I would love to reduce body roll in the car (I'm sure the relatively heavy engine isn't helping) without spending the earth or having any knock on effects elsewhere. It has MSport suspension and so I dont need it lower and I definitely don't want any harder suspension.

What are my options and, crucially, the pros and cons as you see it? I would love to hear from guys who have been down this road. Cheers!

RE: E92 suspension

Eibach anti roll bars + eibach pro kit would give you exactly what you need, drop will be very small

Thanks, forgive the question, what does the pro kit do? I don't want to harden or need to drop the suspension, unless they improve the ride? I would guess the springs help reduce the roll, can the ARB not do that alone?

#suspensionforidiots :-)

Quote Originally Posted by fraser5454
    Thanks, forgive the question, what does the pro kit do? I don't want to harden or need to drop the suspension, unless they improve the ride? I would guess the springs help reduce the roll, can the ARB not do that alone?

#suspensionforidiots :-)
    The springs will help stiffen it up a bit and eliminate some of the roll, cog is lowered slightly and paired with the updated arbs I doubt you will have any issues with roll again the spring I mentioned is probably one of the most comfortable springs for bmws it's not to aggressive and will give you a nice balance its only a little stiffer then msport and the drop while enough to give a noticeable difference in handling shouldn't have you crawling over speed bumps or heading to the dentist every time you hit a pothole

Edit: just to add you could always go for the arb alone and see if that suits you before making a decision on the springs

Ok cool, that's great advice, thanks!

Would that set up improve/worsen the ride over bumps/cats eyes etc? The e92 MSport suspension is crap TBH, I don't mind slightly stiffer suspension if the ride is good. I drove (hammered) a new M6 earlier this week in Germany and it was like a Rolls Royce in comparison to the 335d's ride.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Would that set up improve/worsen the ride over bumps/cats eyes etc? The e92 MSport suspension is crap TBH, I don't mind slightly stiffer suspension if the ride is good. I drove (hammered) a new M6 earlier this week in Germany and it was like a Rolls Royce in comparison to the 335d's ride.
    Msport suspension is crap? Even on E92 ? Maybe u need coilovers ? Everything on our own choice and taste ,but what's sounds strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw

Msport suspension is crap? Even on E92 ? Maybe u need coilovers ? Everything on our own choice and taste ,but what's sounds strange.

I just think it doesn't offer a smooth ride over bumps/road repairs, etc, which would be fine if it controlled body roll and gave confidence in the bends. It's like I can't have my cake or eat it! :-)

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

I just think it doesn't offer a smooth ride over bumps/road repairs, etc, which would be fine if it controlled body roll and gave confidence in the bends. It's like I can't have my cake or eat it! :-)
    So I'm confused now ,is it not soft enough for comfy drive and road bumps ,but it's too soft on corners ?? So with lower springs it will be more harsh on these bumps .
    Either ,suspension needs attention or tires are wrong or lot other circumstances

So I'm confused now ,is it not soft enough for comfy drive and road bumps ,but it's too soft on corners ?? So with lower springs it will be more harsh on these bumps .
    Either ,suspension needs attention or tires are wrong or lot other circumstances

Thanks man, Im not sure Im explaining myself correctly, sorry. The car rolls a lot in bends but is also not great at absorbing cats eyes, potholes etc, it goes over these quite harshly. I have non RFTs and 19s (which dont help I know but I have driven plenty of other cars with 19s and know harsh ride isnt always standard). Im guessing its the dampers perhaps.

So I would like to explore options to improve the handling/reduce roll but without adding undue harshness (it may actually improve it) and ideally without lowering the car, just for practicality & to retain the standard OEM look.

The Eibach Springs seem well recommended, not sure if Pro or Sport would be better and what the lowering heights are, could these be zero.
    And Koni and Bilstein seem to be popular too, again nor sure what the best combo may be.
    Plus, what should I expect to pay?

Thanks! :-)

Worsen I'm afraid will be impossible to stiffen it up and alter the car without compromising some were but it is the softest spring that I recommended ,are you on runflats ?

Iv had two coupes e36 and e46 on them springs and the ride was always more then acceptable