Bought myself a 520d msport a couple of weeks ago with a blown passenger side dip bulb. On closer inspection it's the angel eye that isn't lighting. Also, they are xenons. In order to change it yourself, you need little pixie hands, modified tools or one of Santa's little helpers as it's physically impossible to change the bulb without taking the lamp out.

Rang last Monday at about 11am to ask about the free bulb replacement, was told that it's no problem, pop in, so booked for 3pm.

Went in at exactly 3pm. At 4pm I went and asked for a progress report to see what the hold-up was. I was told that the lamp was out, apart and ready for the new parts. But the part needed wasn't in stock! Computer says there were two in stock, but there wasnt. Had to wait another 20mins. So all in 1hr 20mins for a car wash and a tiny tin of BMW mints!

Booked it in for this Monday (today) again at 3pm. I was exactly on time, although they didnt take my car through for about 20mins. At 4pm, similar to last week, I went to ask about the delay. I was told that it's very awkward to change, just finishing up now, be out in a minute.

5mins later and the guy comes out saying "bad news I'm afraid!". Long story short...The passenger one was replaced/fixed. The driver side has now blown and of course there wasn't one in stock. Oh...and no mints today either.

So I'm booked in for 3pm again next Monday. Three visits for one fecking bulb, and about 4hrs+ of waiting around like a lemon!