Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW Dealership Rant

Post BMW Dealership Rant

Bought myself a 520d msport a couple of weeks ago with a blown passenger side dip bulb. On closer inspection it's the angel eye that isn't lighting. Also, they are xenons. In order to change it yourself, you need little pixie hands, modified tools or one of Santa's little helpers as it's physically impossible to change the bulb without taking the lamp out.

Rang last Monday at about 11am to ask about the free bulb replacement, was told that it's no problem, pop in, so booked for 3pm.

Went in at exactly 3pm. At 4pm I went and asked for a progress report to see what the hold-up was. I was told that the lamp was out, apart and ready for the new parts. But the part needed wasn't in stock! Computer says there were two in stock, but there wasnt. Had to wait another 20mins. So all in 1hr 20mins for a car wash and a tiny tin of BMW mints!

Booked it in for this Monday (today) again at 3pm. I was exactly on time, although they didnt take my car through for about 20mins. At 4pm, similar to last week, I went to ask about the delay. I was told that it's very awkward to change, just finishing up now, be out in a minute.

5mins later and the guy comes out saying "bad news I'm afraid!". Long story short...The passenger one was replaced/fixed. The driver side has now blown and of course there wasn't one in stock. Oh...and no mints today either.

So I'm booked in for 3pm again next Monday. Three visits for one fecking bulb, and about 4hrs+ of waiting around like a lemon!

BMWHaus Guru

BMW Dealership Rant

At the end of the day, they're not charging a penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW Dealership Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Dave

True.

Because it's a National campaign.

In fact it says 'drop in' and we'll change your bulb while you wait.

BMWHaus Guru

BMW Dealership Rant

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhennebry
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave

True.

Because it's a National campaign.

In fact it says 'drop in' and we'll change your bulb while you wait.
    They didn't damage your car, they had an issue get the bulb out, I'd rather someone took a day to do an 1 hour job if they have legitimate concern than some ham fisted clown damaging my car.

Unless I'm mistaken, you didn't know that the second one blew, this seems more of a case of shit that can go wrong, going wrong.

With regards to the parts not being in stock, they likely have an automated inventory supply, where stock requirements are extracted from trends of previous needs and they didn't have what was required due to current demand.

BMW Dealership Rant

Do you work there Dave?

BMWHaus Guru

BMW Dealership Rant

What year it the car Mossy ?

BMWHaus Guru

BMW Dealership Rant

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhennebry
    Do you work there Dave?
    No, I don't work for them but I've developed a few distributed systems. I have a few contractors that work for me, I've seen those guys absolutely kill themselves to get a job done, shit hits the fan, through no fault of their own and the whole job turns into a comedy of errors.

BMWHaus Guru

BMW Dealership Rant

It being free isn't an excuse for poor communication and lack of preparation, twice. Doodoo happens but Customer Service puts it right when it does. OP doesn't feel the love and I can't blame him. Not entirely clear (to me) but if the car left them at the time of sale with a dodgy bulb in the first place then its adding insult to injury.

BMWHaus Guru

BMW Dealership Rant

Quote Originally Posted by dergside
    It being free isn't an excuse for poor communication and lack of preparation, twice. Doodoo happens but Customer Service puts it right when it does. OP doesn't feel the love and I can't blame him. Not entirely clear (to me) but if the car left them at the time of sale with a dodgy bulb in the first place then its adding insult to injury.
    Don't think he bought the car from them.

BMW Dealership Rant

Maybe there's a 3pm hoodoo:hehe!: All joking aside hope you get sorted next time..