Thread: dice not recoignising iphone/ipod in e39

dice not recoignising iphone/ipod in e39

HI all,
    just got my new e39 (2003 530d touring). its set up with the dice system but it doesn't recognize my iphone 4 or my old school ipod. Im not sure if the adapter actually fits the iphone to be honest. Either way im wondering is there an adapter that will allow me to use my iphone through the dice system to play music, podcasts etc... but when a call comes through for the blue tooth to over-ride it and for me to take the call? or any other alternative solutions would be welcomed.
    Im using the mkIV central nav unit if this makes a difference.
    Any help would be welcomed as I dont want to have to start looking into replacing the oem unit thats in place.
    Thanks million

RE: dice not recoignising iphone/ipod in e39

chaps im just giving this a bump as im looking for advice on my options. Basically i want to use my iphone in the car to play my music/podcast etc as well as use it as a hands free. at the min Its working fine as a bluetooth phone but when I attach it to the dice untit that in the car the connector doesnt fit. The dice unit is hooked up through the CD unit and has a savage subwoofer and amp, its a waste if its no being used. Ideally what I want to do is use the phone to be a player of the music and as a phone that will display both the name of the audio im playing and the name of the incoming call on the central console unit. I have the OEM MKIV sat nav unit integrated with steering wheel controls. i dont mind palying a few bob for it to be done the way I want as i spend 2-3 hours commuting most days and just want the set up to be right.
    I also have the integrated phone unit in the central armrest if this is an option of converting to fit the iphone?
    anyway all advice is welcomed as Id love to get this up an running as soon as possible.
    cheers guys

RE: dice not recoignising iphone/ipod in e39

any help with this chaps?