Thread: e60 530i - fitting a Parrott Mki9200

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

e60 530i - fitting a Parrott Mki9200

Just checking if anyone has fitted one, or had one fitted?

I seem to recall many moons ago comments that the network bus on the e60 was a bit fussy about aftermarket stuff like BT being added. Before I waste the opportunity by putting one on my letter to Santa and then finding they are a pita I thought I should check :smiling:.

One other question - my car has an Aux in and USB in. I've hooked up the iPhone 6 but it doesn't seem to like that (I'm guessing it might work withthe combined BMW USB/Aux cable) but an old Nano is being picked up and playing through the USB port. There doesn't seem to be much control that can be done via I-Drive and it shows a list of folder names that seem to be gobbledegook rather than Albums, Artists, etc. (although it does seem to show the name of the current song playing). Anyone have any tips or tricks?

Thanks in advance.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: e60 530i - fitting a Parrott Mki9200

no problems fitting parrot to e60, would recomend to wait 20 mins till CAN shuts down to unplug radio, make sure to get the lead sot-976fb itll make it easier than just a normal 976, run your ignition live down to 12v for cigarette lighter is easiest, dont connect a mute wire. when you fit the parrot your i phone will work through the parrot usb anyway if you cant get it working through the cars usb, drop the glovebox its much eaiser to fit all the extra wiring back there! any more questions just ask ! ive fitted loads of these in e60s

BMWHaus Guru

Great info Alan, thanks!

BMWHaus Contributor

Why??
    The parrot is not going to give you anything new compared to the aux/usb input
    Still you wont see anything nor would you be able to control anything from the idrive.
    You can retrofit the oem ipod module, a used one will be around the same price as a brand new parrot. And you will be able to browse your music from the idrive.
    [hr]
    There you go
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/04-10-BMW-E92-E60-E65-335i-M3-M6-M5-iPOD-Interface-Connection-OEM-65410411033-/231521460452?hash=item35e7c120e4:g:EjsAAOSw4HVWECo M

BMWHaus Contributor

I presume fitting parrot as his e60 doesnt have bluetooth?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alan b
    Correct. As well as BT, it means I don't need to keep a separate iPod in the car when I have music on the phone.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by alan b
    Strange that someone went to the bother of speccing 6FL and not Bluetooth?

BMWHaus Guru

True. The f10 had comfort seats, upgraded nappa and no seat heating. Strange omission when so much had been spent on seat options.

The e60 was registered in a private name, one owner, and by the spec I suspect it was more of a pootler than a business chariot.