NEW INNER DUST SEAL

STEPS I TOOK IN ORDER REMOVING THE OLD BEARING :

1. Slacken off wheel nuts slightly using the 17mm socket
2. Raise car of the ground, I did this by jacking up under the front subframe that way both wheels clear the ground
3. Finish removing wheel nuts then remove wheels, may need a kick or two if the wheels haven't be off in a while and put on with an airgun
4. Remove the black rubber caps covering the caliper slider bolts, using the 7mm allen key undo the caliper sliding bolts. The caliper should be looser now then remove brake pad wear sensor (PASSENGER SIDE ONLY in my case)
5. Using the 16mm ring spanner/socket undo the brake caliper bracket bolts
6. Caliper and bracket should all now pull away, remove old pads and cable tie the caliper up to the shock spring. DO NOT LET THE CALIPER HANG BY THE FLEXI BRAKE PIPE
7. Remove small brake disc screw, it was an allen key head also but can't remember size think it a 9mm
8. The discs in my case wwere being replaced so I gave them a good belt with a hammer to get them off, if you are keeping the discs go about removing them carefully so as not to damage them.
9. Remove front hub dust cover using flathead to prise it off.
10. The hub nut is now visible, using the flat head and a hammer tap out the notches in the hub nut, now get your 46mm socket and breaker bar and undo the hub nut.
11. Once fully undone you are now ready to remove the bearing and hub, in my case hand pulling power was all that was needed and the old bearing slid off leaving the inner bearing race still on the stub axle (you may need a bearing puller)
12. With my fish crow bar I was able to place it behind the inner race and prise it off the stub axle very easily
13. I then used the same pry bar to remove the inner dust seal which again came away without a fight. Stub axle is now fully visible for inspection
14. I removed my brake dust guard to give it a good clean, it's only head on by 3 x 10mm bolts

STEPS TAKEN IN ORDER PUTTING ON NEW BEARING :

1. Refit brake dust guard
2. Fit new inner dust seal, this taps in to place using a flat head or chizel
3. Grease stub axle shaft
4. Sit new bearing hub assembly onto stub axle, get it aligned straight and push in on as far as it will go, now get you 36mm socket and place it on the outer bearing race (NOT THE HUB ITSELF) and tap/hit with even hammer blows till the hub can go back no further
5. time to fit your NEW 46mm hub nut, tighten / torque to 213 ft/lbs
6. With the chizel and hammer notch the new hub nut so it pushes the nut edge in to the stub axle cut outs (this secures the hub nut from coming off)
7. Refit brake discs, refit brake discs screws with copper grease
8. Refit brake caliper and pads
9. Refit brake pad wear sensor
10. Check over everything you have done at lease twice

Hope this will be of some help to people on here, if I have missed anything let me know as I said I did this inbetween showers so could well have missed a step. I did miss taking some more pictures of the bearing itself installed, I have now to put up 60 miles of run in on my new pads a discs which I always do before i can do some spirited driving again Here are some pictures that I did manage to get today when the sun was out.

OLD DISCS AND PADS DRIVER SIDE :

NEW DISCS AND PADS DRIVER SIDE :

PASSSENGER SIDE DISC,PADS AND HUB BEARING REMOVAL :

HUB BEARING :

INNER BEARING RACE STUCK TO STUB AXLE :

INNER BEARING RACE REMOVED :

INNER RACE :

STUB AXLE SCOURING :

STRIPPED STUB AXLE :

OLD INNER DUST SEAL :

ALL CLEAN :

THE QUALITY WORKMANSHIP ASSESSOR STOPPED BY TO CHECK EVERYTHING OVER!!!!!!!

DIRTY DUST GUARD :

CLEAN DUST GUARD :

INSTALLING NEW INNER DUST SEAL :

THIS OLD PATROL GR HUB NUT SOCKET CAME IN HANDY FOR INSTALLING DUST SEAL : TAP TAP TAP!

INNER DUST SEAL IN PLACE :

At this point it started to piss rain so had to wrap everything up and bolt indoors...... when I got back outside the sky was very dark and gloomy so I just made a burst for it and got stuck back in, thus I have no pictures of the new bearing actually installed . As soon as I did get the new bearing installed the feckin sun came back out for a short while which was nice and allowed me to finish without looking at the sky every minute.

BEARING HUB INSTALLED AND NEW DISC ON :

DROPPED SOME WHISKEY INTO THE QUALITY WORKMANSHIP ASSESSOR'S WATER AND THAT TOOK CARE OF HIM FOR A WHILE

Thanks for looking