Decided I would change my rocker cover gasket (As it's been leaking a while by the look of it) that I had bought earlier last week seeing as it was a nice day and not raining. All went fine apart from the rocker cover really being stuck on and pipe number 13 being soft, brittle and coming away from the rocker cover itself. Shall have to sort this tomorrow, trying to get as much done over these few days as I want to start driving the car and enjoying it

A little oily :

Figured my oil cap needed some love :

Also noticed my kidneys I had painted last week were already chipping yet I haven't even driven the car.....eek I couldn't figue this out until I heard a PIIIINNG when I looked around my nutty dog was chasing his ball and had kicked up stones onto the grill thus chipping the paint. So these came back off, I went and bought some tougher paint as the other stuff was coming off way to easily! :shifty:

In between all that I decided I wanted to paint my rocker cover and yes you guessed right it is now black , I had done my 166 engine the same and really liked how it came out so this was to get the same treatment although there shall be a very slight twist coming at a later date.

The rocker cover stud bolts were manky so they had to get some attention also :

All done and back together :

Will be changing the setup on the spark plug cover very shortly as I don't like it and i rushed painting it due to being very hungry

[hr]
Last night before I went in from the cold after having a day at the bimmer I decided to do one more thing, it was a kind of spur of the moment thing. Basically I was looking at my new freshly painted rocker cover and decided the upper half of the inlet manifold really needed some paint too

So off it came in the pitch dark using the torch on my phone :

Then this morning when I got up it was time to get stuck back in again and get scrubbing and painting, it took no time at all last night to whip it off about 10-15 minutes then today about an hour scrubbing, painting and re-fitting. I was tempted to do the other half of the inlet but my sensible side took over as I thought to myself "it will never see the road if i keep pulling it apart" so I held back.... I'll get it at a later date, lol

MY SHAGGED AND BRITTLE BREATHER PIPE :

THIS WAS SERIOUSLY FECKED.... :

I wanted to get the car driving today (which I did) so I went to my local diy and picked up the finest (:sarcastic) of braided garden hose as a temporary measure to replace the shagged breather pipe . On it went and working a treat, although seeing as this is not resistant I wouldn't want to be leaving on for too long me thinks.

LE LUMP :

And all back together....ha ha for how long though??? :

......Well that wasn't long, think I took a break for an hour then decided to go back at it and tackle the front ARB as I had picked up new drop links today. Totally forgot I had ordered the Meyle ones!!! when they arrive i'll have a spare set LOL,

Cannot wait for the new discs to arrive then I can get my pads on, hard to see in the picture but the front discs have a nice lip on them indeed!! :

OUT WITH THE OLD AND ALL THAT :

EVERYTHING COPPER GREASED FOR EASE DURING FUTURE TINKERING :

AND IN WITH THE NEW :

CLOSE UP OF THE GRILLS :

Some more snapping, left it jacked up tonight as I shall be getting stuck in tomorrow on the front shocks and springs hopefully :

Thats it for today as always thanks for looking