Today I stumbled across a ART & HOBBY shop so out of curiousity (and being impatient waiting for my Lamin-x to arrive) I decided to go in and ask if they had Yellow glass paint.....Few minutes later I was €7 lighter and had paint and brush.... So what else would one do at 00:19 on a Sunday morning??? Trial painting of the old headlamp lens

After 3 coats :

Well after painting a spare headlight lens I had last night I decided that today I would get stuck in and do a full headlamp renew and get them upto scratch. I whipped out the lights, separated them and took them inside got out the newspaper and popped them onto the kitchen table. Out came the hobby cutting blade and away came the sealant

Once all the sealant was off it was into the kitchen sink they went to bathe in some hot soapy water, the headlight glass got a good cleaning as did the plastics then it was onto the range they went for drying.

While I was waiting for them to dry I started painting the main beam lenses with my yellow stain glass paint :

The lenses took three coats of paint and too be honest I think I might have like one or two more to go on but they're fine for now. Just me being finicky :shifty: It was then time to get the lenses back into the surrounds and get to sealing them back into place. I made the boo boo of putting the newly painted yellow main beam lens into the dipped beam slot but only realised this when I had put new black silicone sealant on!!!!!!! eekmad:jaw-dropping "B@ST@@@@@@@RD". A few minutes later and all was sorted and redone.....Calmies again

Re-sealed :

Went a little mad on the headlight pictures......Sorry!!! :silly

Oh and I am also putting amber corners on the car as I think they look / contrast better with the Ausblau paint work and the now yellow mainbeam lenses. The passenger side headlight is in much better nick than the driverside but it's okay as I have another one lined up....just means doing the mod on one lamp again.

Waiting on the other amber corner to arrive so she's looking a little pieb@ll at the moment :

Headlights on :

Thanks for looking, opinions always welcome