Evening all,

Not a huge update really just more maintenance which shall be the case until I think it will be ready for fun stuff . Today I picked up my new fuel filter and Gates Alternator belt, plan is to fit these tomorrow along with (FINALLY) my other amber corner lamp Woo Hoo.

I decided I would fit my new Meyle HD top mounts this afternoon and whilst I was there I was going to fit my Eibach rear springs and Eibach ARB but I decided to hold off until I had new rear drop links which I shall pick up tomorrow along with standard rear discs. Once I have these I shall tackle the lot and install the EBC greens.

BEFORE :

SLIGHTLY KNACKERED : I'm really surprised these weren't knocking!!

INSTALLED :

With the rear partially stripped it really does make everything very easy the rear wheels I think were last put on by the HULK's mother and even when the wheel studs were loose and off the wheel took a lot of beating to get off the hub so they got a greasing before they were put back on.

Bumper trim shot in daylight : (repainted)

The other reason i didn't get stuck into rear springs etc this afternoon!!!!

The rain arrived late this avo and hasn't stopped since, will be interesting to see if my leak in the boot returns!!! After looking at the weather it doesn't look good for tomorrow which is a pisser as I was hoping to get the rear springs,arb links, discs, fuel filter, Alt belt and pads on, guess we'll just have to see what happens. I also want to look over my power steering system also as it feels a little stiff at times etc so will check this out too. Wheel bearings a must at this stage also so think that'll be next task along with water pump and thermo.

Thanks for looking,
[hr]
Evening all,

Yet again a lovely day so it was a good time to put in the new alternator belt as the old one was riddle in little cracks, changed just in time by the looks of it. What a nice easy job today as well, getting the old belt off took all of 2 minutes and vice versa with putting the new one on. I decided while i have the airbox out i would do a little spring cleaning under the bonnet and just have a genral poke around

OLD BELT :

A FEW MINUTES LATER :

My power steering bottle unsurprisingly was completely caked in crud that i'd say has been building up over the last 13 years, so i gave it a very quick clean as i shall be doing a big job soon the power steering so will be more attentive then

YUMMMMY!!! :

With it all back together i go stuck into getting the engine bay a little bit cleaner, which only took a little while but that led to me washing the car then. In fairness it did need a wash as it was getting a little to dirty for my liking

ENGINE GIVEN A MINI DETAILING :

Thanks for looking