Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Websites for Car History Check

BMWHaus Guru

Websites for Car History Check

What sites do people use for checking any previous or current status of cars? I have tried cartell and motorcheck without having to pay, but all they say are make, model and colour!

BMWHaus Guru

If by status you mean tax & Nct then you can on the adverts.ie app

If you go through the steps to sell a car and enter the reg it'll auto populate the tax and Nct details and you'll get the info

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Websites for Car History Check

And cars ireland or carzone will tell you how many owners, if uk reg mot history is a handy one as it gives mileage an what they failed in at each mot for the past few years, other than that finance and insurance history i use cartell

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    If by status you mean tax & Nct then you can on the adverts.ie app

If you go through the steps to sell a car and enter the reg it'll auto populate the tax and Nct details and you'll get the info
    Thanks John, I'll try that as well. Would there be any sites that give a bit of history too after seeing some posts here about lads seeing cars were write-offs and are for sale now, that level of detail plus their current status of tax and nct!

BMWHaus Contributor

Unless you know someone in the trade who can check it for you, you need to pay unfortunatley

Administrator

@[ciars] had a few links to handy ways to check some history for free - enough to certainly rule in or out some cars!

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Websites for Car History Check

Feel free to post any links you know of folks! Be handy to have them in one place maybe?.

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by alan b
    Unless you know someone in the trade who can check it for you, you need to pay unfortunatley
    Yea your rite, I've access to
    Verify make model chassis no etc etc via the reg @ my fingertips daily!! I can also ring a friend/supplier to verify mileage and check if it has any crash history....
    But if ever buying a car I always use cartell it gives the most info on the entire history for f all€€

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Got stung with cartel on a clocked car before motor check showed it straight away!! But sadly that was after it was bought and tried to trade it a year later and the dealer told me the issues rang cartel and was basically told to F off its not their issue and still to this day that car shows no issues on cartel after I as the owner rang and reported it to them!!
    Cartels wording of no issues found can also mean no history found hence they couldn't find any issues!!!

These are not 100% reliable (Although 95% of the time they're correct) and free!

-To check NCT expiry (This will also tell you the last NCT Center location)
    Go on NCT.ie , Click bookings, Then click the little 'Click Here' under the blue Book Your NCT or Re-Test

- NCT/Tax and number of previous Irish owners, (Not always 100% correct)
    http://www.carsireland.ie/add.php

- NCT/Tax, Adverts.ie mobile app go to place an ad for a car and input the Reg in should autofill Tax/NCT.

- Motortax.ie, 'Vehicle Transaction Enquiry' Will show if a car has had a change of owner or replacement logbook within the last 3 months.

- https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
    For checking UK MOT history (Also shows mileage from 2011!)

Then the paid ones are:
    Mywheels.ie
    Cartell.ie
    Motorcheck.ie
    Hpifirst.ie
    And many more.

Interestingly cartell are the only ones to show my Sierra as an RS Cosworth, Other checks say model Unknown. (Whether it means anything or not I don't know)