Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bolster repairs

bolster repairs

my e36 m sport seats need bolster repairs,both driver and passenger. they are alcantara material and need the foam replaced. both seats just need the door side bottom bolster done. is there anyone around the dublin,kildare , wicklow area thats good and affordable at them. got rode by a lad in meath before for a bike saddle that he stuffed with off cuts and charged 70 euro for so not getting stung again

BMWHaus Guru

RE: bolster repairs

Quote Originally Posted by db-89
    my e36 m sport seats need bolster repairs,both driver and passenger. they are alcantara material and need the foam replaced. both seats just need the door side bottom bolster done. is there anyone around the dublin,kildare , wicklow area thats good and affordable at them. got rode by a lad in meath before for a bike saddle that he stuffed with off cuts and charged 70 euro for so not getting stung again
    would be something id all like to know. and same area to. mine are leather tho but same as the drivers bolster is starting to show its age. surely someone on here has had repair work done?

Administrator

Based on a job is seen Chris get done on Vaders - Id have said Nolan's!
    But Paddy had one or two issues, they re-did them, but still weren't perfect.

very hard to get a good upholsterer these days,used to be some very good lads a few years doing classic stuff but most have retired.

A & T Autostyle in Kilkenny would probably be the best around for that kind of stuff and will do it properly.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Correct me of I'm wrong.
    You feel you got rob by €70 on a bike seat.

I had countless number of inquiry about repairs here some for very little money and other for big jobs and the prices where very far. And anyone who had anything do buy me will back that up.

People want things for nothing when it come to interior.

First it you need bases you buy new one. They are extremely hard to repair and get back to how they can out of factory. The job nolans done on Christopher vader was more then expected.
    Secondly if you earn for day €15 an hour and you want a job that take 40 plus hours done for €190 with material included and u think that to much there is something seriously wrong with you.

I could go on all day and my comment are not amid at first poster.

My advice to you is by a leather interior for €150-200 sport €350-500 vader

If u have 4 bolster and 2 base

4 x €150 fix
    2 x €60 each

That to that is a 40 hour plus job.

in fairness i did feel hard done by when i had to redo a job a pro was ment to have done and found he didnt rebuild the seat foam and just fucked in some random offcuts that wernt even of the same density foam giving the saddles comfort the same consistancy of sitting on a bowl of feathers with a heap of rocks fucked in on top of them. he had it done in the time it took me to go get a breakfast role and eat it.also iv no problem paying for work done when the work is up to standard . the seats are alcantara not leather and its one bolster on each seat . i completly understand the costs of upholstry as i had to recaro fixed seats retrimmed and foamed in the style of bently seats at a cost of 1900 euro and id no problem paying for it because you can see the craftsmanship and time it takes in the final product

BMWHaus Contributor

100% agree he should have done the job right. I was to the understanding he had the seat for more the a breakfast roll.
    Here Nolan work
    There €150 a bolster. Are the bars showing yet in the seat?

now thats perfect,cant even tell theyve been done,double stitch is even spot on.yep driver bar is through but the passenger isnt. drive side would need new foam but the passenger is ok from memory

BMWHaus Contributor

I think I have a fairly good one if ur interested in it
    I would have to check
    I take it it is a sport seat base?