Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An introduction to inpa

BMWHaus Guru

RE: An introduction to inpa

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    What's the difference between the analogue and digital values?
    Some items run on a digital basis, ones & zeros type of thing. ABs would be an example. So,e things rely on a more variable type of signal, that's the analogue bit, like the throttle.

So the items you see in the digital menu are most likely switch on/off items where the analogue would be progress bars, things that change in value rather than just switch on or off.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

My windows 8 compatible cable & software just arrived. Will install it later & report back (provided I don't fry the laptop that is )

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    What's the difference between the analogue and digital values?
    Basically in INPA the digital value is a parameter that has a result of either true or false.
    For example if the passenger door is opened you are going to see a black circle, which means active. If the door is closed you are going to see a white circle, which means closed/false.

Digital in INPA is like showing an opened or closed circuit.

While the analog value will show you a real time value within a scale.
    For example, the consumption of air per hour by your air flow meter.
    For instance, it can be 20Kg per h, so INPA is going to show you on a scale of 0 to 50 (example) the real time value of the air consumption, it could drop to 15 and go up to 25 from time to time in normal conditions.

That's my understand of those set of values.

- Digital: Shows you a function being either active or inactive. This is represented by an empty or plain circle

- Analog: Will show you an actual value (Like temperature, air flow measurement etc) on a scale.

Success! And how straight forward it was compared to going in messing about with the PC's settings myself, 2 DVDs came with the package and loaded the 1st one and this automatically appeared:

So installed the programmes and restarted the PC,
    Desktop icon opens this: which is also very handy

hooked up to the car and only got a chance to try the INPA as the heavens opened but all, it seems is as it should be. Read errors, activated functions etc no problems. Pulled the seatbelt pretensioner lead off again just so to get the error and re-set it as before no problem.
    All told €34 delivered for the software and cable.

Re: An introduction to inpa

Excellent good stuff colm

BMWHaus Guru

An introduction to inpa

Quote Originally Posted by Colm_D
    Success! And how straight forward it was compared to going in messing about with the PC's settings myself, 2 DVDs came with the package and loaded the 1st one and this automatically appeared:

So installed the programmes and restarted the PC,
    Desktop icon opens this: which is also very handy

hooked up to the car and only got a chance to try the INPA as the heavens opened but all, it seems is as it should be. Read errors, activated functions etc no problems. Pulled the seatbelt pretensioner lead off again just so to get the error and re-set it as before no problem.
    All told €34 delivered for the software and cable.
    That looks the business, no messing about. Gotta get me one of these.

Edit. Doh! I don't have a laptop since I fried mine!!!

BMWHaus Contributor

Whats the best version of INPA for a E36. I have a 3.xx version and although it works i think its missing some features (Red warning levels etc)