Thread: Discount

Discount

Firstly.........a merry Christmas and a happy new year to all..........and safe driving over the festive period and new year. Now my question.........am currently trying to buy a 2012/13 520d with satnav,auto reasonable milage and would consider a 2011 if the miles are not too high. Was looking at a 2013 grand tourismo but reckon it's out of my price range.
    My problem is this............I'm buying straight, no trade in and cash buyer. Now .......?I'm being given 500/1000 e off list price. Am I naive or is this the norm. I think it's a miserable discount for a straight buy and it is across all BMW dealers. Any opinions please. :wink:

Administrator

RE: Discount

Know a chap buying a Golf R and he went in with a full spec of what he wanted so it was obvious he was a serious buyer....the dealer said they'd knock off the 195 that was leaving it odd of the rounded xx,000, on a 40k plus motor.....the emissions scam obviously hasn't effected them too badly!
    Needless to say he told them to get stuffed, drove to Galway and got a decent deal...not amazing but worth the round trip!

BMWHaus Guru

For cash I was always offered 1,000 off from BMW dealers, so you need to try and get a few other bits n bobs thrown in e.g. Winter mats.

BMWHaus Guru

The problem is you're looking for the car that everyone else is also looking for, i.e. there is no ncs give for the dealer to drop because there's some one else behind you in the queue just waiting to pay a better price.
    If it was something with buyer mileage or big motor tax then I'd wager a better discount would be possible.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

5% is easy enough to achieve and in some cases 6% is the absolute maximum on a new car
    But dealers are firm atm on 2nd hand cars due to strong STG