Thread: E91 - Opinions and Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E91 - Opinions and Advice

Looking to get back in a BMW and have taken a real fancy to the 3 Series estate.

I know a few people on here have had them so hoping someone can offer advice on them.

I'll be after a M-Sport model. More than likely it will be diesel as thats all there seems to be and probably a max year of 2008

Do all these e91 models suffer from timing chain issues? If it has been replaced is that usually good enough or is it a regular enough job?

It is the lci model which came in 2007-on that suffer from the timing chain issue. Most of them from what I have seen last until about 100k miles so whether bmw are actually fixing the problem properly or not it should last another 100k anyways. Bmw are going to stop fixing them for free at the end of the month so you need to find one with it already sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    It is the lci model which came in 2007-on that suffer from the timing chain issue. Most of them from what I have seen last until about 100k miles so whether bmw are actually fixing the problem properly or not it should last another 100k anyways. Bmw are going to stop fixing them for free at the end of the month so you need to find one with it already sorted.
    Cheers thanks for that.