Thread: Painting on lips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Painting on lips

Thinking of polishing up a set of bbs I have but the lips have been powder coated/painted before. (Not sure which) how could I go about stripping this or would I be better off having it done ?

Also have a set that I want to paint but again if I don't like it is it a big job to strip the paint off? Thanks

Sent from a land far far away

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffmister View Post
    Thinking of polishing up a set of bbs I have but the lips have been powder coated/painted before. (Not sure which) how could I go about stripping this or would I be better off having it done ?

Also have a set that I want to paint but again if I don't like it is it a big job to strip the paint off? Thanks

Worth a read. http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41379

Also ask Aivis as he has polished his before and I think andy made have borrowed the same tool before from him.
    This is my BMW. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My BMW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My BMW, without me, is useless. Without my BMW, I am useless. I must drive my BMW true......

Jesus that site has really turned into a total disaster littered in pop ups advertisements and a terrible layout whatever software that is they use, requests user location and finally when clicking into it the link leads to nowhere either unless logged in

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post
    Jesus that site has really turned into a total disaster littered in pop ups advertisements and a terrible layout whatever software that is they use, requests user location and finally when clicking into it the link leads to nowhere either unless logged in
    I've never seen a site go downhill so fast tbh!

Your best option is to get a wheel refurb shop to dip them in a paint removal solution...safe for the rims and quick, you could have them done and back to you in a couple of hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these the black Center/black lip Staggered Rc?

If so the lips were original and decent except for laquer peel when I had them. Should be no hidden surprises under the paint.

BMWHaus Guru
    Yeah kind of dark purple/black ones Ross? I got them off cab. If it's the same ones that's good! Just they lips have have a lot of paint bubbling around the bolts and falling off so want to re do them

Yup, I sold these to a guy in Limerick, They then went to Meath on a 328i, Then to Mayo, Then to Cab and then to you!
    They kept popping up on the forums/adverts that's how I know. (Sad I know!)

It was me that put on the carbon fibre wrapped center caps.

http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-acce...alloys/3636514

BMWHaus Guru
    Ha well there back in Meath now! Mad the way wheels do the rounds

What's the wheels in the link ? They have Bmw centres now when u got them off cab any pics with the carbon fibre ones ?

They've probably more miles done in the car than on a car the last few years.
    That's the wheels before they were painted, It was only a carbon fibre wrap. (Just about make it out in the pic!)