Cheers Ciars. Popped off a post to Keane Motors to check prices for me as I have a bit of a shopping list to get sorted and unfortunately X5 parts are a tad expensive and my NCT is due on the 20th Jan, sending it in as is as nothing, touch wood at the moment is actually showing in fault.

Off topic maybe you might be able to assist me or might know a person that could.... I have a fault code (one of many at the moment) 43E2 showing on my Throttle actuator which from reading other posts will prevent a regen cycle of the DPF that I need to remedy sooner rather than later. I've a second hand one coming in the post which I'm assured suits from matching part no etc.. and is fully working and no faults present. Just as a query, if I were to plug out the existing (with the car off and no key in) Throttle Valve Body to check/clean etc and plugged it back in would I get any additional errors etc EML lights etc? or would it know that this was already connected to the car?

On install of the second hand Throttle Valve Body is there coding associated the this unit to my car? Many thanks in advance for any light you can shed on my car troubles.. my Car OCD at the moment is weak.. as there are faults present that needing to be fixed and as cheap as heavenly possible..

Regards,
R