Thread: M3 diff e36

BMWHaus Contributor

M3 diff e36

Can anyone who is running one or who has fitted what do I need to do with the prop.fitting medium case lsd to a 318is.
    Been told all I need to do is swap half a my prop with a m3 one and I'm good.any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bb1981 View Post
    Can anyone who is running one or who has fitted what do I need to do with the prop.fitting medium case lsd to a 318is.
    Been told all I need to do is swap half a my prop with a m3 one and I'm good.any help is appreciated.

I started a thread on the subject on Driver back in the day...

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/arch...p/t-78369.html
    This is my BMW. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My BMW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My BMW, without me, is useless. Without my BMW, I am useless. I must drive my BMW true......

BMWHaus Contributor
    I'm being told I need told I need to cut short my prop.which would be half an is and the end of an m3.anyone tell me is this right?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bb1981 View Post
    I'm being told I need told I need to cut short my prop.which would be half an is and the end of an m3.anyone tell me is this right?

Dave, it was in the link I posted. You'll need the first half of your prop and then the rear half will need to be a 6 pot one to bolt up correctly.

If I recall correctly Dean on here had an m3 diff in his 318is when he had it. I recall him saying it was a tight squeeze but it fits. There is no cutting required.
    This is my BMW. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My BMW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My BMW, without me, is useless. Without my BMW, I am useless. I must drive my BMW true......