Thread: Jacking up E36 engine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Jacking up E36 engine

How high can I jack my engine without causing trouble? One of the engine mounts just does not want to go in. I dropped the subframe slightly. Totally out of my comfort zone. Should I put mounts in one side at a time or align both up together?
    [hr]
    M44 318is. 10

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Jacking up E36 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    How high can I jack my engine without causing trouble? One of the engine mounts just does not want to go in. I dropped the subframe slightly. Totally out of my comfort zone. Should I put mounts in one side at a time or align both up together?
    [hr]
    M44 318is. 10
    Here's a guide.

http://www.bmwforums.info/3-series-guides/1726-bmw-e36-engine-mount-change-guide-how.html

BMWHaus Guru

Jacking up E36 engine

Thanks for guide but I know how to change them. You can skip taking out the fan lol
    Suppose I can jack it up a bit higher based on where his is it without too much more trouble?

BMWHaus Contributor

Change one side at a time you can jack fairly high to get them out just watch wires and pipes etc

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cambo
    Change one side at a time you can jack fairly high to get them out just watch wires and pipes etc
    Reply good to know just afraid I would cause damage by jacking up too far.
    I have disconnected anything that is causing grief. Will be back at it tomorrow