Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SORN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Lightbulb SORN

So then, has anybody done it yet?

Here's the bit I'm confused about: http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/News/MainBody,33620,en.htm

"Those whose vehicles have not been on the road must make a retrospective declaration of non-use and either take out a vehicle licence or make a prospective declaration of non-use"

The tax on the Alpina was up at the end of May, so what do I now do? Do I bring the old RF100A to the guards to witness that it was off the road for the last couple of months, plus this current one, and then send it off with the new RF150 to declare it off the road from September onwards? :huh:

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,489,en.pdf

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,33608,en.pdf

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: SORN

I got my M3 put off the road from the start of August. Tax was out since april. I had to get the old form filled out and signed by a guard and also the new form filled out stating it will be off the road until next year

BMWHaus Guru

So you got the guards to sign off the old form for May-July, then sent it with the new form for off-the-road from 1st August Enda?

BMWHaus Contributor

Yeah that's it. You get a little receipt saying the car can't be used on public roads until such a date then

BMWHaus Contributor

Best doing this last week in August then the first week in September.

I'm doing mine on till next April.

BMWHaus Guru

Can you though Austin, as in the guards will only sign off until the end of July then I'd say, seeing as you're still in August? Can you then declare it off the road with the new form from back at the start of August?

The whole thing is a feckin joke. I bet Phil Hogan doesn't even understand it properly, and why the f*ck they couldn't get it available on-line before starting it I don't know

BMWHaus Contributor

You might be right September then.

I say there is only one form then in September.Rebal ranter explained this to me in an pm a few month back. He made it sound simple. No doubt I would put my money on everyone getting hit with 3 months tax if your a week late in declaring it off the road.
    A well look on the bright side now Garda can't use the system to there advantage so they won't be given you a day or so to sort your disc out. "Thanks you Mr Leins Geoff I have that Csl"

BMWHaus Guru

CSL is already away for the winter now too Just need to start filling out all these damn forms now!

BMWHaus Guru

The worst thing is you need a new form every year for every car in your garage if you never take them out & tax them! So you must not forget!
    A form only covers 12 months max, why can't it be indefinite? There's gonna be loads of lads with cars stuck in sheds for years that haven't moved, no RF100 after September so in theory they are liable for back tax if they don't declare soon. Complete cluster fcuk.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

i did this already, just signed the form stating it was off road from 1 aug for 6 months, up to motor tax with this form and you get a receipt, easy enough, if i change my mind beforehand to tax no problem,